OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Strawser 2017 Limited Edition 2 Sider

Started by beakbuster10, June 13, 2017, 09:41:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: beakbuster10 on June 13, 2017, 02:57:38 PM
Quote from: HookedonHooks on June 13, 2017, 02:38:47 PM
Assume what you wish, but we all know what that makes you. I like the part where you finally drew to the conclusion of you being trash though.... Avoid the issue that you never posted an initial price, shows what kind of seller you actually are. And come on now, where does it say first PM wins? This forums classified section is about as equally trash though, so I'll give you credit there.

Alright guys I'm not only trash, but collectively we're all trash. . . Nice to know.

Here's a question if you think this forum if filled with trash why are you here? I'm a member of other hunting and archery forums and OG is without a doubt the best of them all. OG is filled with good salt of the earth people and doesn't have the riff raff that you get with other forums.

Here's one last thought for you and I'm done. Seeing how you handled this and how you've handled other situations in the past; I feel this is perfect for you. . .

If you bump into a jerk first thing in the morning, you probably bumped into a jerk. If you bump into 10 jerks before lunch, you're probably the jerk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not defending or trying to add fuel on the fire,but have wondered myself why the first out in the open I'll take isn't good enough? No ?s of did I get good ol boy d...Pm ing saying I'll take it can lead to questions. Saying I'll take it in the open it should be cut and dry.

davisd9

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on June 13, 2017, 03:44:37 PM
Assume what you wish, but we all know what that makes you. I like the part where you finally drew to the conclusion of you being trash though.... Avoid the issue that you never posted an initial price, shows what kind of seller you actually are. And come on now, where does it say first PM wins? This forums classified section is about as equally trash though, so I'll give you credit there.

Alright guys I'm not only trash, but collectively we're all trash. . . Nice to know.

Here's a question if you think this forum if filled with trash why are you here? I'm a member of other hunting and archery forums and OG is without a doubt the best of them all. OG is filled with good salt of the earth people and doesn't have the riff raff that you get with other forums.

Here's one last thought for you and I'm done. Seeing how you handled this and how you've handled other situations in the past; I feel this is perfect for you. . .

If you bump into a jerk first thing in the morning, you probably bumped into a jerk. If you bump into 10 jerks before lunch, you're probably the jerk.

I'm not defending or trying to add fuel on the fire,but have wondered myself why the first out in the open I'll take isn't good enough? No ?s of did I get good ol boy d...Pm ing saying I'll take it can lead to questions. Saying I'll take it in the open it should be cut and dry.

Daggerz was first to say I will take it openly on the board, the kid just said he was highly interested.  This is not the first time the kid has had a brat moment.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

beakbuster10

The problem that anyone who has ever sold a lot of things in forums runs into is you get a lot of people that say they'll take it then hear nothing from them. The best way to do it is send a PM saying you'll take it. Then reply to the thread "PM sent. I'll take it."

Either way he never said he wanted it. Just said he was interested. Another member did what I mentioned above and that's why he got it.

What I always try to do is check with the times of "I'll take it" whether it's PM or replied. If the first replied "I'll take it" does in fact respond to PMs within 24 hours, they'll get it. If not the next "I'll take it" gets the nod and so on. It's just simpler for buyer and seller to send the PM first then there's no confusion or lack of communication.

1iagobblergetter

I understand. Thanks....My question is why shouldn't the first I'll take it in the open be the person that gets an item instead of saying you'll take it out in the open and getting the dreaded someone pm'd me you lose message? No question of win or lose its out in the open...I've bought alot of calls on here and never have had a problem, but will admit it would be better if everything was in the open. Imo...I'll buy regardless and not trying to cause problems,but don't understand the behind the scenes pm I'll take its...

BABS9

Quote from: beakbuster10 on June 13, 2017, 03:56:58 PM

The problem that anyone who has ever sold a lot of things in forums runs into is you get a lot of people that say they'll take it then hear nothing from them. The best way to do it is send a PM saying you'll take it. Then reply to the thread "PM sent. I'll take it."

Either way he never said he wanted it. Just said he was interested. Another member did what I mentioned above and that's why he got it.

What I always try to do is check with the times of "I'll take it" whether it's PM or replied. If the first replied "I'll take it" does in fact respond to PMs within 24 hours, they'll get it. If not the next "I'll take it" gets the nod and so on. It's just simpler for buyer and seller to send the PM first then there's no confusion or lack of communication.

This is exactly how I do it. I've sold and bought a ton of calls and never had a problem. Everything is time stamped reguardless of if it's a pm or post on the thread whichever "I'll take it" is first is who gets the call. Sometimes you just get beat to the punch. If anyone questions I'd be more than willing to send them a pic of the pm that beat them

1iagobblergetter

Maybe we need a naughty board posting for those guys.Lol...I'll keep my nose and comments to myself...I do dread the I'll take in the open and you lose pm when you thought you got it though...

davisd9

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on June 13, 2017, 04:06:30 PM
Maybe we need a naughty board posting for those guys.Lol...I'll keep my nose and comments to myself...I do dread the I'll take in the open and you lose pm when you thought you got it though...

There is a feedback boards and I wish people would use it for positive and negative feedback on users.

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

compton30

I think the issue here isn't over who PM'd first or replied to the thread first. There's no hardfast rule on that and is at the sellers discretion. Bottomline.

That being said, If the price had been listed in the initial post then this really isn't even a argument/conversation. Just my thought.

beakbuster10

Quote from: compton30 on June 13, 2017, 05:27:10 PM
I think the issue here isn't over who PM'd first or replied to the thread first. There's no hardfast rule on that and is at the sellers discretion. Bottomline.

That being said, If the price had been listed in the initial post then this really isn't even a argument/conversation. Just my thought.

And that is my fault. Mr Strawser has the price posted the price on Facebook. I should have put it in the ad in hindsight, however I wasn't selling the pot to make any money (and I'm actually losing shipping to the buyer). I was simply selling the pot for what he's selling it for to allow someone here instead of a random Facebook user to get the call, and keep my reserved number for next year and years to come.

At the end of the day I now see that going out of my way to be overtly nice was a bad idea. I should have just let it go. You would think though when you go out of your way to do something nice, others would appreciate that and do the same.

hunter22

My rule when selling or trading a call is the first person that says I want it for the price listed either by a PM or post on the listing gets it. I compare times of PMs and posts if two people both say they want it. I don't consider messages saying I am interested, asking for soundfiles, or offers lower than the asking price as a firm I want it.   

3bailey3

WOW this is the first argument that I have witnessed on here unlike other forums, I have brought, traded and sold calls and never had I issue with anyone. I wish someone would shut the back and forth down and lets get back to the great place we all love.

sbbow

Quote from: hunter22 on June 13, 2017, 05:46:40 PM
My rule when selling or trading a call is the first person that says I want it for the price listed either by a PM or post on the listing gets it. I compare times of PMs and posts if two people both say they want it. I don't consider messages saying I am interested, asking for soundfiles, or offers lower than the asking price as a firm I want it.
^^^^ this

compton30

Quote from: beakbuster10 on June 13, 2017, 05:34:47 PM
Quote from: compton30 on June 13, 2017, 05:27:10 PM

And that is my fault. Mr Strawser has the price posted the price on Facebook. I should have put it in the ad in hindsight, however I wasn't selling the pot to make any money (and I'm actually losing shipping to the buyer). I was simply selling the pot for what he's selling it for to allow someone here instead of a random Facebook user to get the call, and keep my reserved number for next year and years to come.

At the end of the day I now see that going out of my way to be overtly nice was a bad idea. I should have just let it go. You would think though when you go out of your way to do something nice, others would appreciate that and do the same.

It was an honest mistake and your intentions were very good in wanting to do right by a member here who truly can appreciate an elite level call rather than some Facebook slappy. I wouldn't allow one instance to sour you. This is a fantastic place to buy, sell, or trade a call, as you know. Don't let the very rude, yet relateable comments of a person in a low moment taint the sterling reputation of these classifieds.

Coop1082

I have been lucky enough to have quite a few successful buys off of here. If it's a possible highly wanted call such as the Strawser, I know better then to ask for a sound file or say "interested". There are hundreds and hundreds of guys on here and the odds of a few of them wanting the same call you do is pretty darn high. I respond via PM first and then immediately go to the post and comment "PM sent would like to buy". If someone beats me to it, oh well. Going about calling a reputable member "trash" isn't a smooth way to go about ANYTHING. You'll be lucky if sellers and buyers for that's matter don't avoid you completely. No amount of bickering can "unbuy" the call to the fella who purchased it so your best bet would've been to move on and not bicker, because obviously it didn't and isn't going to help. Cut your losses, move on, and post a WTB in the pot call classifieds for the call you want and play it out. Heck you might even come out cheaper...
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

Fieldturkey