OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Original Primos The Truth VHS ... barn find

Started by Lump, May 13, 2024, 10:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lump

If my knowledge is correct, in the spring of 1987 Will Primos and Cuz Strickland filmed the hunts for the original truth video. The following year in 1988 when Primos The Truth series VHS was released I was 7yrs old and had just began hunting with my dad that very year. Six years later in 1994 I harvested my own first Wild Turkey Gobbler on a Georgia public piece of ground. We did not realize at that time the hay days of spring we were skinning our teeth and living in. 

This past weekend I stopped by to visit a friend of mine who had recently purchased a small farm locally. He had mentioned seeing some turkeys around and had caught my attention as a potential place to take my kids. I got to the property and he was tossing things into a dumpster cleaning out the old house. I noticed some deer head mounts and other items and asked if he had seen any hunting gear, etc. He said yes and showed me a few calls which I gathered up quickly, etc. I started rummaging through some old boxes of VHS videos and started finding old turkey hunting VHS videos which also caught my attention. Before I knew it, I had uncovered probably 15 or more old VHS videos from Primos, Knight & Hale, Ben Lee, Eddie Salter, HS Strut and more. Including in my opinion the Holy Grail of them all the original The Truth which originally sold for $9.93. All which were likely dumpster bound, which gives me chills thinking about. My how things have changed over the years.

Do you have any old spring VHS videos and what is your favorite? I also found The Truth II case with the wrong video in it unfortunetly. If anyone has and would want to part with it keep me in mind and maybe send me a message.  :)
You ain't done nothin yet ...

zelmo1

GobbleGitr

Cowboy

Love those old videos.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

lalongbeard75

I have the whole truth series on DVD and the first 20 on VHS. Took awhile to round up the VHS and then I had them transferred to dvd. I think at one point Primos sold the DVD set but I had to make mine from the VHS tapes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Awesome finds including the old calls and saving them from the dumpster... Lots of history in those old videos and calls ...

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

RutnNStrutn

Great find!!  :icon_thumright: Will and the Primos gang are my favorite hunting celebrities.

3bailey3