OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pa. Opener Saturday?

Started by dvdegeorge, April 25, 2012, 06:50:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grunt-N-Gobble

I'll be out with Dad in Armstrong Co. tomorrow.

Weather forecast isn't that good, so we'll be sitting in the blind, well at least he will be.  Arthritis causes him to fig-it too much sitting up against a tree.  I'll be in there too for awhile, but I may go runnin-n-gunnin. 

Last time the conditions were bad, we stuck it out and had a very nice 3yr old come in silent, which he ended up shooting. 

TauntoHawk

My season didn't start off that great really was a slow day, one gobble not a lot of sign. Neighbor bumped a few he said in the am out of the trees so I'm sure that didn't help. It was awfully cold at 24 degrees and I don't think the birds were that into talking.

I always enjoy hunting at my uncles though and saw a bunch of deer and some velvet bucks.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ol'Mossy

Didn't hear anything yesterday all all where I was, talked to 2 other guys they didn't hear anything either.

clarksvalley

had a great morning,came as close as your going to get without killing one.the only private farm i can hunt,a long wooded hollow with fields on either side.but i can`t hunt the feild on the east side,and you guesed it what side they flew down to.i spend most of the morning
trying to get those turkeys to come where they did`nt want to go.so i hit some public ground that i normally hunt on the way home and heard one gbbling at 10:30 but could get to him in time for the noon quitting time.went out this morning and the birds were really gobbling good.

WildSpur

I watched the movie Cars with my son and changed diapers all morning.  Maybe next week!

Cluck more, yelp less

jakebird

There were three of us at camp. My buddy shakeyjake smoked a nice two yr old at 9:15 after working a pair all morning. I heard those two and two distant ones early. Run an gunned till quitting time covering about two miles on the ridges, couldnt raise a gobble. Everybody is saying the same four letter word. HENS. We'll see how the end of the week pans out for us. Tons of birds out there. To add insult to injury, the "work" birds out back of my plant were tearing it up again this mornin when i slipped outside about quarter of six. On public land, and within 200 yds of the road!
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?