Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Where?

Started by ruination, March 14, 2024, 02:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruination

Quote from: Zobo on May 02, 2024, 03:44:46 PMYou gotta love a fired up, hell bent, noisy gobbler!!! Nice going on the double beard too!
New Jersey is probably one of the most misunderstood states. Some of the state is truly beautiful. I lived in Princeton for a few years, really nice area.
Congrats!
Still too many people on too tight an area.  But yes, it was beautiful where I was and they do right by their public lands.  Besides letting mute swans propagate like I've never seen.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

.410 Favors the Bold

JeffC

The areas I hunt, Jersey "road hunters" are the biggest problem. If they havent shot at, killed or heard a Tom by 7am, they get back in truck and road hunt, if they see strutter in field, hunt is on.  Safe travels and good luck.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Jwall

Just shot my first Merriam in SD. It's a nice one, 8 in beard and 1 1/8 spurs. I'd post pics if I could using this iPhone on Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zobo

Quote from: Jwall on May 04, 2024, 01:49:03 PMJust shot my first Merriam in SD. It's a nice one, 8 in beard and 1 1/8 spurs. I'd post pics if I could using this iPhone on Tapatalk

That's awesome JW,
Congratulations!!! I hope you're able to post it up on the scoreboard. If you need help let me know, I'm here to help!
(And, of course, lament my shortcomings)🙄
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

squidd

Nicely done in SD - looking forward to seeing the pics!!

Jwall

First merriam. Had to delete the app and reinstall it for it to allow me to post photos. I'll get the rest posted on the scoreboard today. Pretty cool story with the hunt to that I'll share with y'all later.

JeffC

Congrats!! Love those white feathers!!

ruination

Nice Mariam J!

Killed a little 2 year old in mass today. 

Fun fact, Massachusetts installed stone walls on all their land to make turkey hunting harder.

Little guy had me spinning like a top as he made his way through the holes in the wall.

Maybe a boss tomorrow.

Absolutely beautiful country.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

.410 Favors the Bold

Zobo

Nice one, you're doing better than I am! Great picture too!

squidd

Season is over for me with nothing seen or heard on the last two days in GA. Wasn't even finding tracks on the roads. With the temps increasing during the day, I should have been hunting the swamps vice pines.

Good luck to those still hitting the fields and woods!!

JeffC

Congrats on finding a Salamander!  :goofball: Congrats on the Tom also.

ruination

Quote from: JeffC on May 09, 2024, 08:13:57 AMCongrats on finding a Salamander!  :goofball: Congrats on the Tom also.

It was my first morning there and thought it was unique, turns out they are actually everywhere, lol.

Spent my last 3 days tangling with a hard gobbling turkey.  Must've heard him gobble over a thousand times. I blew multiple opportunities to kill him under 40 yards and as close as 20 because he had a jake with him and I wanted to be sure I was shooting the long beard.

Anyways, fun trip.  One, maybe two or three more turkey hunts left this year. Going to take a friend who has never been before tomorrow so we shall see.

If its going to rain on the 18th...I do have a zone 20 E tag burning a hole in my pocket...

Good season regardless.
.410 Favors the Bold

JeffC

Good luck, always seems birds just dont want to play the last 2 weeks over there, I will let you know tomorrow nite.

Zobo

Zobo is on the board

Zobo

Got him with the Lumma yelper, higher pitched, drove him crazy!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk