turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I'm Going To Brag On Pure Gold Chokes

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, April 22, 2011, 09:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

Guys I have been shooting shotguns along time now and I have shot some good and not so good chokes over the years.  But I have never ever shot a better 20" number pattern than I shot last week with my Pure Gold.  Not only was the 10" numbers great but the overall 20" numbers is what I really have to admire.  Bill Davis, you sir make one hell of a choke!   :you_rock:  I know I have already posted this one here for the 10" pattern, but I wanted to give the proper credit to Pure Gold and Mr. Davis for making one heck of a good shooting choke. 

I might add that this was the very first shot out of this new choke.  This pattern even beat the Star Dot 20" numbers.  It had 556 shot in the 20".  Now to me a choke that will beat out the Star Dot in the 20" numbers out of my 835 is saying something for Pure Gold. 

Longshanks

Thats an amazing pattern.  I have had a pure gold choke for years and it has always been a consistent choke with lead or whatever i shot through it but i was amazed when i shot some 3/2/7's out of it with my Urika 2.  Looks like you have a turkey killing machine there.  :you_rock:

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Great pattern.  Keep the Star Dot and Pure Gold, sell the rest, and call the search off. :z-winnersmiley:

gophert

Hey Brad...I'll trade you a JellyHead for that Pure Gold.   :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: gophert on April 22, 2011, 10:12:58 AM
Hey Brad...I'll trade you a JellyHead for that Pure Gold.   :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

You throw in that Burris Fast Fire II and I will think about it you lucky dog you!   :you_rock:

Congrats again!  

gatrkyhntr70

Brad, what shell was used in this pattern, my old eyes cant see it in the pic.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: gatrkyhntr70 on April 22, 2011, 01:36:22 PM

Go to your local Walmart Vision Center please!   :lol:

That was Hevi-13 3.5" 2 and 1/4oz #7's.  I am almost 95% positive it was lot # 300325.  I have 8 of them left.  Best loads I have shot yet.  

ILIKEHEVI-13

Hey I was teasing you about not being able to see the writing on my carboard on the pattern I posted in the Pure Gold thread. 

I'll tell you what, Pure Gold chokes do shoot the Hevi-13 7's better than excellent. 

I hope my 870 Pure GOld choke shoots.  But I think I don't have as good of Hevi-13 3" #7 loads as I had last year. 

cannonball

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on April 23, 2011, 08:45:38 PM
Hey I was teasing you about not being able to see the writing on my carboard on the pattern I posted in the Pure Gold thread. 

I'll tell you what, Pure Gold chokes do shoot the Hevi-13 7's better than excellent. 

I hope my 870 Pure GOld choke shoots.  But I think I don't have as good of Hevi-13 3" #7 loads as I had last year. 

I know you were Brad, your good; Hurry up and let us know how it shoots for ya!
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well I got to get it first.  Let's just hope it's a winner. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

I also wanted to tell you guys I spoke to Bill Davis yesterday on the phone and told him about how his choke shot in my 835.  Super nice guy.  We must have talked for 10 min.  I enjoyed our conversation. 

bowhunter84