turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tss in a 3” for SX3 starting point

Started by RiverRoost, January 21, 2021, 03:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

Currently shooting Nitro HTL out of my sx3 12ga. If I wanted to try tss which 3" she'll should I start out trying. I have a rhino .660 and rhino .670 as well as a Briley that came with the Longbeard Edition shotgun, not sure the constriction though. Figured if you were going to shoot tss out of a 12 gauge you really don't need a 3.5" shell as a 3" should be more than adequate

paboxcall

Quote from: RiverRoost on January 21, 2021, 03:27:41 PM
Currently shooting Nitro HTL out of my sx3 12ga. If I wanted to try tss which 3" she'll should I start out trying. I have a rhino .660 and rhino .670 as well as a Briley that came with the Longbeard Edition shotgun, not sure the constriction though. Figured if you were going to shoot tss out of a 12 gauge you really don't need a 3.5" shell as a 3" should be more than adequate

Honestly I suggest stepping down to the 2.75" load with TSS in a 12 gauge. I'm shooting a 2.75" TSS load in my 20 gauge.

With TSS, even the 3" is not necessary. If I still carried the 12 gauge, and didn't have so much Hevi-13 in the 3", I'd be shooting the 2.75" with TSS.

Go to the foxtrot ammo website, they are loading an awesome 12 gauge TSS loads in both 3" and 2.75".
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Ozarks Hillbilly

I switched a couple of years ago from Nitro HTL 7's to TSS 9's. I have a Rhino G1 .660 and .670. In my 870SM 23" I like the .660 pattern at 40yrd over the .670. I have seen some real killing patterns with Indian Creek .665 as well.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

SumToy

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

chipper

With TSS hand loaded 2 oz #9's with my SX3 and a .665 Indian creek I'm shooting a very tight hot cored pattern at 40 yards 400-425/10" I opened it up with an old .690 Hastings and it is shooting a more forgiving 320 / 275ish pattern in the 10"/20" at 40. Just depends on what kind of pattern you want.

RiverRoost

Quote from: chipper on January 24, 2021, 11:02:09 PM
With TSS hand loaded 2 oz #9's with my SX3 and a .665 Indian creek I'm shooting a very tight hot cored pattern at 40 yards 400-425/10" I opened it up with an old .690 Hastings and it is shooting a more forgiving 320 / 275ish pattern in the 10"/20" at 40. Just depends on what kind of pattern you want.

I've got a rhino gen 1 .660 and .670 I may try some factory tss if I can find it

lunghit

I am going to try a Rob Roberts .660 and IC .675 this year with Federal TSS 3" number 9's. I am thinking the IC will be best.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"