OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

FASTFIRE III RED DOT REFLEX SIGHT POWERBALL !!!!

Started by Old Gobbler, February 13, 2014, 09:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xcal1ber

I thought that Shannon was going to be drawing a number and posting it on here last night lol. Ahh oh well, we will be ready on the next one! And for the guys that have a slow tv, I guess you are SOL on the rest of the contests.
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

Turkey Havoc

My problem was I forgot what I had submitted was my number, and was not going to wade through 20 pages of POSTS to find it.
Stephen H Spraberry

GobbleNut

Based on the comments made since the drawing, it appears that everyone does not have the same opportunity to view the drawing at the same time. I don't know that for a fact, but it sure looks that way.  Some have suggested that there may be a tape delay in some regions of the country. If that is indeed true, then I would suggest that there needs to be a change made so that everybody is playing on a level playing field.  At a minimum, this should be looked into.

I think the idea of having Shannon draw the number rather than basing it on the Powerball drawing has some merit,...based on all the comments.  That way there is no question that everybody has the same opportunity to respond.

MouthCaller

Quote from: Turkey Havoc on February 23, 2014, 02:08:35 PM
My problem was I forgot what I had submitted was my number, and was not going to wade through 20 pages of POSTS to find it.
It's 40 pages on tapatalk lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

mckinzie

i agree some people dont see it the same as others like me im on dish net work ,on cable tv they call the power ball number and on dish thay are still on white ball numbers.hope someone can find a way to make it fair for all.

IowaGobblers

I also agree. I was watching the "live" online and updating every 10 seconds when it hit 9:59 (central) and the website didn't have the number for a good five mins after the winner had posted Powerball on the thread. Congrats to the winner

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Xcal1ber on February 23, 2014, 01:02:48 PM
I thought that Shannon was going to be drawing a number and posting it on here last night lol. Ahh oh well, we will be ready on the next one! And for the guys that have a slow tv, I guess you are SOL on the rest of the contests.

That's exactly what I thought. 

But I'm one of the stupid ones I guess now that I think about it.   :z-winnersmiley:

MouthCaller

I wasn't at home to try to check it on tv I'll try to find it before the next contest drawing. My station is listed hopefully I can get it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Rapscallion Vermilion

I agree.  In a competition to be first like this, even a seconds delay is a huge handicap.   Local broadcast of live TV will beat out the satellite, which has the digital signal encoded, buffered, and decoded, all adding up to several seconds delay.  It seems that a drawing method that was entirely internet based would be fairest.

Quote from: GobbleNut on February 23, 2014, 02:15:38 PM
Based on the comments made since the drawing, it appears that everyone does not have the same opportunity to view the drawing at the same time. I don't know that for a fact, but it sure looks that way.  Some have suggested that there may be a tape delay in some regions of the country. If that is indeed true, then I would suggest that there needs to be a change made so that everybody is playing on a level playing field.  At a minimum, this should be looked into.

I think the idea of having Shannon draw the number rather than basing it on the Powerball drawing has some merit,...based on all the comments.  That way there is no question that everybody has the same opportunity to respond.

fenderhunt4

man! i had the right number but totally forgot about it until this afternoon! congrats to the winner

Rockhound

I was watching local channels on direct TV and had no problem

Old Gobbler

You got to do a google search for the live internet feed of the game - as I suggested in prior posts

I will look for the link and post it when I find it
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

timberjack86

Quote from: Rockhound on February 23, 2014, 05:56:11 PM
I was watching local channels on direct TV and had no problem
Looks like it! You won :TooFunny:

pdaugherty

trackerbucky

I love golf.  It keeps a lot of people out of the turkey woods.