turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sold Remove Rare Tom Laska Lonefeather Box Call Reduced

Started by Turkeyman62, June 17, 2018, 09:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeyman62

This is a rare model made of Sycamore and Walnut in mint condition.  This call was made in Oct 1999 and features what Tom referred to his Single diamond inlet carving. Also a lid silencer which he didn't do many of.  $200.00 shipped and insured Priority Mail. Sorry for the lighting conditions on the last picture.
A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

yelpy

Sure is tempting. I never ran a Laska.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

larry9988

Tom Laska's craftsmanship is unsurpassed. All of his calls that I have seen and played were very good. I talked to him many times in years past. He made a call for me out of some south Georgia cedar I cut out of a swamp. He made the comment to me that there was no such thing as good cedar from Georgia, so I sent him a piece from the tree I cut. A few days later he sent me a picture of a beautiful cedar call and asked if I had any more of that "no good" Georgia cedar. I told him I did but the only way he was getting any was to make me a call from some of it, so he did. My call has one of the silencers like this call, that's the only other one I have seen with a silencer, so that adds to this call. He also cut the finger out of his old garden glove and slid it up on the lid to silence the call he made for me. That man's handwriting is also a work of art. He made several lids for long boxes from some of my cedar. He was some character and a very fine call maker, one of the best. That's a nice Lonefeather call.

Turkeyman62

Larry
Thanks I agree with everything you said. Tom was a master in his craft. That's two that I know of now with the silencers mine and yours. His attention to detail was amazing. This is a great sounding box.

Turkeyman62

Call is reduced to $175.00 not going any lower than that . For one of Tom's premium callers. This is a solid well built call stuffed with turkey. My name is on it real small. Easily sanded off.