OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

FRANCHI AFFINITY 20 GAUGE COMPACT

Started by SKFOOTER, December 11, 2015, 04:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKFOOTER

I'm looking at a Franchi Affinity 20 Compact w/24" barrel to turkey hunt with and was wondering if anyone uses this gun with the 3 inch Federal HW #7's??  If so, what choke did you decide on and what kind of 40 yard 10" patterns is it throwing?  Thanks.

dejake

I have the Franchi Affinity with the 26' barrel.  With Fed HW 7s, I settled on the Carlsons' choke.  This gave me a more consistant pattern than than the Hevi choke and Hevi 7s.  Try the Carlsons' and I think you'll be pleased.  I don't remember how many pellets I had at 30 and 40, but that's what I'm using.

Cove

I paired my affinity compact (24" barrel) with a trulock .585 ported and shot TSS #9s. It  gives 270ish inside a 10" circle and 230ish in the 20" circle. That's about as good as it gets. Don't over choke the gun. . .

SKFOOTER

Thanks but I'm only interested in those who shoot Federal Heavyweight 7's thru their Affinity Compact.

sawtooth

Quote from: SKFOOTER on December 26, 2015, 11:29:12 PM
Thanks but I'm only interested in those who shoot Federal Heavyweight 7's thru their Affinity Compact.

I have one coming Monday and from what I can see they easily do 140-160 at 40 yards with HW#7.  Many guys are using either Carlson .575 or Trulock.  Thats great in my book.