Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What's your hands down favorite Striker?

Started by deerpoo22, January 25, 2014, 10:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TauntoHawk

I couldn't carry just one but i have two favorites that I used 85% of last year.. hooks yellowheart and halloran mushroom tip purpleheart
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

M,Yingling

90 % of the time I run one of my fiber rod strikers then a diamond wood ,,, and steves hollow bell black locust striker 
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

SS Calls

Cut*N*Run

Whatever sounds best on the call I'm using. Padauk and osage are pretty universal though.

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

mudhen

I run 3-4 different d-wood Lights Out strikers + I always have the goofy Primos Cuttin' Striker with me...

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

callmakerman

An old HS Rosewood, one of my snakewood and or diamondwood

smalls

I've got a custom striker with a custom call that I like, and I also use an HS Strut Power Stik made of ipe Brazilian hardwood.  Least that's how its described.  For those wet mornings, I've got another HS Strut called The Master, its a carbon fiber tip with a mahogany rod.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

JLCcalls

That would be a tie for me.   A dogwood from West Augusta and a Morado from Silvers calls.

West Augusta

Any one of these.
Black Locust, Dymondwood, Snakewood, Bloodwood or African Blackwood.

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

culpeper

I don't have a goto striker because I have 3 that work best on three different surfaces, A Yingling on my slate, Steve Torman Ipe on my glass and Lights Out dymond wood on my copper pot.

Devastator

Lightsout agatewood dymond wood for everything!!!!

lonnie sneed jr.

I have 2 hands down for my slates, red wood in a corn cob, and willow in a corn cob. For my glass calls hands down maple in a corn cob. All three of these strikers are at least 30 years old. I have been trying for years to get Dad to make me 3 more as close to them as he can get them, but that has not happened yet. I have been very lucky that I have not lost one of them.

:OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead:

drenalinld

:deadhorse:
Quote from: scoot12 on January 26, 2014, 12:53:15 AM
Quote from: REBELYELL on January 25, 2014, 11:23:02 PM
Woodhaven strike 3 laminated birch flared tip
Couldn't agree more

I prefer the straight tip laminated birch. The oak is also good. My fave is Primos triple 7 laminated hardwood. Weighted perfectly for me.

rutandstrut

Orangewood or Grapefruit Wood...runs great on anything