OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Need Help

Started by BBD, April 25, 2013, 06:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBD

Been hunting the same area since 1994, some years better than others of course but usually end up filling my tags. Well here comes the problem. I've never seen the birds act like they are right now. I'm no world champion caller but I think I sound okay. I've never been scared to call to a bird before but right now at my place no matter how fired up a bird is if you make a call its OVER !!   He will either completely shutdown or get quiet for an hour or 2.   My question is WHY?  Fly down or mid morning it doesn't matter, not even a courtesy gobble.

rtaylor

I would like to help you but I got the same problem here in central Alabama. they done the same thing 2 years ago . I have done give up

BBD

Not sure what changed here but called in 6 longbeards and 2 jakes in last 3 days.  Including a couple that i'd dealt with before that wanted no part of it.

calebb

Had basically the same thing going on in Northeast Arkansas this year. From day 1 until the last thursday of the season. I really felt like a rookie, situations that I would normally consider it a dead bird from the first gobble would end with me scratching my head. I never really figured out if we were early or late. The last weekend panned out much better for us and led to some dead birds but prior to that was just a headache. Wish I knew the answer.

jblackburn

I'm glad they are working better. If it was me, I'd try other types of calls, wingbone, tube, push button, anything to sound different.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.