OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

A few Slate Pots. These have all sold, thanks guys

Started by R.W. Mackey, March 06, 2014, 02:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R.W. Mackey

Just finished a few Slate Pots. Most are Slate over Glass, I have one Slate over Aluminum. Calls are
$40 each plus $5 shipping, comes with a one piece Striker of your choice. Choose from Osage, Black
Locust, Cedar, Purple Heart or Oak Dymondwood Strikers, calls are Mesquite, Striped Honey Locust,
Pig Nut Hickory, and Ambrosia Maple.
  Thanks for the look.

Roy

Lone Star Gamecalls
We Talk the Talk

tomstopper

Alan

You are an artist! I bet they sound as good as they look too. How can you bear to sell any of them?
What you do next reflects what you believe.

R.W. Mackey

Thanks for the kind words guys. Alan, you can't keep them all, I just enjoy making them and try to make each one better than the last. I'm very pleased with the sound, really like the Slate over Aluminum. You can play both sides so it gives you two calls in one.

Roy
Lone Star Gamecalls
We Talk the Talk

mikejd

The back row right hand side wich wood is that.

Also back row. Center.

R.W. Mackey

The call in the Middle back row is Striped Honey Locust, Slate/Glass. Far right back row is Stabilized
Pig Nut Hickory, Slate/Aluminum. Both still available. The pig nut hickory is a great wood for pots, when
It spalps you never know the colors you will have. No two pieces will ever be alike, so each is a one of one type call. No one will ever have one exactly like it. It is usually soft like most Spalted wood and needs to be stabilized, but that makes it even better, great sound.

Thanks, Roy
Lone Star Gamecalls
We Talk the Talk

rdmar

I'll take the pig nut hickory

mikejd

R.W. Mackey

Mike, never too late. I have more, PM me for info.

Roy
Lone Star Gamecalls
We Talk the Talk

deadeyedave2008

Hello, does each call come with a striker? Thanks!- Dave

R.W. Mackey

Dave, sorry I didn't include that in the text. Yes, all come with your choice of Black Locust, Purple Heart, Cedar, Osage or Camo or Oak Dymondwood.

Roy
Lone Star Gamecalls
We Talk the Talk