OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Which MOA on the Burris Fastfire is the best for turkey hunting ??

Started by turkey buster, February 28, 2015, 09:42:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey buster

Simple question I'm looking at some Fastfire 3's and not sure which moa would be best for turkey hunting. Opinions please from guys who have them.

reynolds243

Whichever one you like better at 40yds. There is a large following for both. I personally like the 3 better as it is much smaller and doesn't cover the turkey at 40yds but that's just my preference

Proverbs 3:5
"Trust in the lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding"

Sent from my phone because I'm that cool

turkey buster

alloutdoors

chatterbox

8 MOA is my personal preference, but a lot of guys use the 3 with great results as well. I just found the 3 too small for my liking. I wish that the FFIII had come with a 4 MOA dot like the II does.
It boils down to whether you prefer the larger or smaller dot.

turkey buster

Guess my only question now is does the 3 moa dot so small it's easy to loose on the turkey or in bright conditions?

alloutdoors

Quote from: turkey buster on February 28, 2015, 11:40:36 AM
Guess my only question now is does the 3 moa dot so small it's easy to loose on the turkey or in bright conditions?

DSD jake at 40 yards. The camera sees more flare from the dot than your eyes pick up, but it's a pretty close representation.

reynolds243

Quote from: turkey buster on February 28, 2015, 11:40:36 AM

I've used one for 3 years and never had an issue with that on open fields or darker wood set ups.

Proverbs 3:5
"Trust in the lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding"

Sent from my phone because I'm that cool

mudhen

Used the II for years...it has the 4 moa...

Added the III when it came out, and went with the 8 moa because I liked how it looked at 40 yards...3 years later, and I still prefer the 8 moa...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Snoodsniper

I have the 3 moa and like it very much. I can't say its better than the 8 because I've never seen one. Whatever you decide you're getting one heck of an optic.

Gobble!

Ordered the 3MOA and after I ordered it (before I got it) was thinking I should have got the 8MOA. After installing it I can tell you there is no way I would have wanted the 8MOA. With the tight patterns I shoot the 3MOA is more than big enough.

grayfox

Quote from: Gobble! on February 28, 2015, 11:38:54 PM
Ordered the 3MOA and after I ordered it (before I got it) was thinking I should have got the 8MOA. After installing it I can tell you there is no way I would have wanted the 8MOA. With the tight patterns I shoot the 3MOA is more than big enough.

I ordered the 8MOA last year & returned it. Too big for my preference also.  In my opinion I think a 4-5MOA is about perfect.  I used a TruGlo Tru-Brite for the past 2 years & I kept it on 5MOA most of the time.  I now have a 4MOA in my UltraDot & I like the size of it as well.  Everybody has different preferences.

mudhen

For me, there were many times the 4 moa FF II was just not quite right....

The FF III has adjustable levels of brightness....

The med setting on the 8 moa is good for me...the low & med on the 3 moa were too dim for my liking, but I'm sure the 3 moa would have been fine if I selected it....
I just recall with the II, I would often think it was barely large/bright enough for some of the places I hunt....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

beagler

Never Misses