OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

EoTech MRDS

Started by 01Foreman400, March 09, 2013, 04:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

01Foreman400

Just noticed that EoTech had a new sight out called the MRDS.  Anyone have any experience with one?

http://www.eotech-inc.com/products/sights/mrds
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

CrustyRusty

No experience but it carries a lifetime warranty and from a great company...looks like my next sight!

01Foreman400

It does look pretty interesting.  I like the lifetime warranty and you know your getting a quality product from EoTech.  If it's not they will make it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrustyRusty

For the same money though I see the Trijicon RMR dual illumination is about the same price .  I may actually like it better.

01Foreman400

You can get the EoTech for $489.  How much is the other sight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrustyRusty

$481 at midway. I think i would rather have the trijicon now

01Foreman400

After doing more research I noticed that with the Trijicon you have to remove the sight to change the battery.  Deal breaker for me.  You can also get the EoTech sight for $440.10 shipped from Opticsplanet right now.

the Ward

I think the triijicon will work even with a dead battery though due to the tritium element.

RickC

Never used a Trijicon but had the an Eotech on an M4 for 2.5 years in a very harsh environment and never had an issue. Friend of mine cracked the window on his, still worked perfectly but he had emailed Eotech to see how much it would cost to fix..nothing they sent a replacement.
Blessings,
Rick

sugarray

If I get another red dot, it may well be this.  Hard to beat a FF III for use and customer service!!  Marty is awesome!!

chatterbox

Quote from: sugarray on June 03, 2013, 10:31:57 PM
If I get another red dot, it may well be this.  Hard to beat a FF III for use and customer service!!  Marty is awesome!!
You can almost buy 2 FFIII's for the price of this EOTech. Not knocking the EOTechs, but I have an FFIII, and it is a fantastic sight. Bullet proof, tough as a tank, and Ray is right. Mart is one of the nicest, most stand up guys you will ever meet, and Burris customer service is the finest out there.
If it was my money, I would go Burris. No doubt about it!