OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

FF3 question

Started by Xcal1ber, March 01, 2013, 09:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xcal1ber

Can someone tell me the mount I need to get with the fast fire iii? I have a Stoeger M3500. I know my gun came with the base for a scope and I am thinking the base is a Weaver 93? If someone can tell me an item number or a link or something, that would be great! Thanks in advance guys!
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

Shellwaster

Since you said you already have a weaver style base I suggest ordering the fastfire with the picatinny mount. It will mount right up with ease as long as you follow the directions from Burris.

Xcal1ber

So the picatinny mount, will mount to a weaver base?

Shellwaster

Yes. Weaver style bases have been around a lot longer than I've been alive and it wasn't until a handful of years ago people started calling them picatinny. I don't know why, maybe a marketing scheme or that someone copied weaver design without wanting to pay the royalties.

Xcal1ber

Awesome! Thank you sir!

mudhen

I would say the picatinny implies multiple mounting slots, where a normal Weaver mount implies just two slots for the mounting of traditional scope rings.

The problem seems to be that not all mounts are made with the same specs. Not all mounts fit all bases...

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Big Rick

I have a rail, scope mounts, and scope for my Stoeger M3500 but I cannot find the right screws for the picatinny rail. My Stoeger is above whatever serial number it is. If anyone has a link that has the screws in stock that would be helpful

SumToy

You dont find what you need let me know.   We have a mount that works with the FF3
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

ShortMagFan

Weaver 93 is the hole spacing for any mount. It's how benelli shotguns, Remington 7600/7400 rifles and many others are spaced. There are about a million different picatinny and weaver bases that will fit that hole spacing. Believe they all have 8x40 screws too

That's a good way to go. If you want it mounted lower to the receiver (which I would), a Sumtoy base will work and be a lot sleeker option and will give you a lower mounted optic and a better cheek weld

steveus

I just mounted a red dot reflex that came with a base that instructions said Picatinny or Weaver, it fit my Weaver base fine.

runngun

There's a difference between Picattiny/1911 and a Weaver bases, ones groove is a little bit wider. Just information I learned setting up rifles.

Have a good one, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.