OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Holosun 407c x2 or 507c x2

Started by Gog1015, January 18, 2023, 02:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gog1015

Narrowed it down to these 2. I currently have the Burris fast fire 3 with a single red dot so I'm wondering if I may would like the 407c2 better because it just has the green dot. I'm not sure if I understand how you benefit from having the circle and dot on the 507 when Turkey hunting?

fmf

holosun.  I own both and the swamp fox is just laying around unused.

Gog1015

fmf

J_Bird

I have a FF3 and the 507c. I like the holosun better with it being green and I personally like the circle with dot inside as well.

slave601

Holosun 508T for me. I have 2 of em. I've been running Burris fast fires for years... switched to eotech because of the reticle and then when holosun's hit the market I jumped on them and never looked back. The circle dot will get you on target so much quicker than just a dot. Never had a problem out of my holosuns either
"thinnin the flock"

kwild835

I have the 507 in green, so far I would have been fine with the 407 because I have just used the dot.  I am thinking about trying out the circle this year.  I think I could use it like a built in rangefinder.  Either way,  I believe you will be happy with either over the FF3. I certainly have been, love the green.

Gog1015

Quote from: slave601 on January 22, 2023, 08:21:40 PM
Holosun 508T for me. I have 2 of em. I've been running Burris fast fires for years... switched to eotech because of the reticle and then when holosun's hit the market I jumped on them and never looked back. The circle dot will get you on target so much quicker than just a dot. Never had a problem out of my holosuns either

How does the circle and dot get you on target faster? I'm trying to figure out the advantages of the circle and dot vs just the dot. How does the circle impact visibility and determining distance? Thanks

wyetterp

I use the 510 & out to 40-50 yards the majority of the shot falls within the circle. So, with the circle, I know where my whole pattern will be. Makes any kind of shots fast & easy with both eyes opened & focusing on the bird, vs the bead or a single dot. Offhand & odd angle shots are a breeze.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

JKonst25

Quote from: Gog1015 on January 18, 2023, 02:56:20 PM
Narrowed it down to these 2. I currently have the Burris fast fire 3 with a single red dot so I'm wondering if I may would like the 407c2 better because it just has the green dot. I'm not sure if I understand how you benefit from having the circle and dot on the 507 when Turkey hunting?

Did you end up making a decision on which one? I'm literally in the same exact boat trying to figure out which of the two I would want.

HookedonHooks

507 all the way. The 2 MOA dot with the 32 MOA circle is much crisper than the singular 6 MOA dot on the 407.