turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anyone in North ga?

Started by strum, February 27, 2022, 11:30:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strum

Im just throwing this out there . Since Ive entered into the trumpet world . Im looking for someone close to me to possibly give me some tips.I know theres a thousand youtube videos and sound files but I just want a real ear to listen to me .  I "think " im sounding good enough but I dont have anyone experienced to get me up to the next level. When I say North ga I'm in Blairsville area.

merocustomcalls

merocustomcalls

Del Crow is "savduck"  on here

paboxcall

Have you tried recording yourself and listening to the playback?
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Boykin Hollow

Greg on here makes trumpets and lives close to you,  he is on here under the name Gregg

strum

Quote from: paboxcall on February 27, 2022, 03:38:43 PM
Have you tried recording yourself and listening to the playback?

i have and its getting there but to be face to face with an experienced would be very helpful.

strum

strum

Quote from: Boykin Hollow on February 27, 2022, 03:42:54 PM
Greg on here makes trumpets and lives close to you,  he is on here under the name Gregg

Thank you

Meleagris gallopavo

Mr. Billy Buice is just south of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

antnye

I'm over in Chatsworth.  If your over this way holler at me anytime.

misfire

If you "think" you are good enough, then you really are. The best way to truly figure that out is carry in the woods with you. And keep this in mind, if you a real hen on the stage with Owens, Van Cise and the likes, the real hen WILL finish last every time!
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

strum

Quote from: antnye on February 28, 2022, 12:46:35 PM
I'm over in Chatsworth.  If your over this way holler at me anytime.
thanks man

davisd9

Listen to whoever is helping you play a trumpet to make sure they can help you with the sound you are looking for.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

ol bob

You don't have to be very good with a trumpet to kill turkeys, just remember SS soft and seldom.