OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

As seasons end what is next

Started by eggshell, Today at 04:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggshell

Many of us have watched our seasons come and go. For some it's been a cornucopia of dead gobblers for others it been a scratch and claw season. Some years you seem to find every suicidal gobbler in the USA and some years you find every wise stubborn gobbler that ever lived. I had one of those "stupid Seasons" if it was unforeseeably stupid it happened to me. Some of it was my fault and some of it was not, but in the end it was a stupid suicidal bird that closed my season. I was fortunate enough to fill two of three tags for two states and was around a lot of birds. I can't complain at all.

So what's next on everyone's calendars and to do list. All my elective time will be spent one of two places; at the fishing hole or in one of our gardens ( we have three). Other than watching for young broods turkeys will not be on my radar again until October. I will be back in full gear come October in both Ohio and Kentucky. I love my fall hunting and I actually think I hunt more and harder in the fall then in the spring. Post what the rest of your summer will be and what is your next most anticipated season....

BDeal

I have one week left here in WI. I have went 3/3 so far with one tag remaining. As always I will miss it but the bugs are starting to get bad and it is awfully green. I will walleye fish for about 6 weeks and then start putting stands up for bow deer season.

Gooserbat

Lots of work to catch up on.  The joys of being self employed.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Lcmacd 58

Sent my significant other to Florida 3 days after my season ended .... since then I've fished and mowed

eddie234

Have numerous things to get done around the house. After that vacation to Myrtle Beach then get ready for archery season

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro