OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

hevi-blend magnum-underwhelmed

Started by 4nolz2, February 04, 2012, 08:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4nolz2

sorry to say,I have 2 setups 1)DB .10 with full length sleeves 2) SP-10 with primos jelly head

both of these shoot in the hi 200's @40 yards 10" with Nitro H210s

shot them today with the new hevi-blends and got no more hits than my federals,winchesters and other
older lead shells.<100 hits.

shot 8 shells out of the 15 I ordered (spent about $8.25 each with shipping)

NOT for me but your results may vary I will be sticking with my Nitros.
:z-guntootsmiley:

gobble157

So what were your results exactly? You have pictures?
Life long obsessed turkey hunting from the great state of Georgia!

23 more states to go!!! US Slam bound!

4nolz2

sorry to say I didnt take much in the way of pics-I also shot a round at a shoot-n-see turkey silohuette at 40 and 60 but it doesnt have a 10" circle.

my DB is a Leige cut down and sleeved with H210 I had 260 last time I shot (ave both barrels)
with Blends it was ave of 90   (these were shot with nwtf targets with a 10" circle in a lead-sled on a bench)

the sp-10 jelly head was 260some if I remember right last time and the Blends were 89 on the 10" target

basically on a non-scientific test they shot like all my older10 gauge shells and nothing close to as good as my h210 nitros.

4nolz2

the beauty of the side by side double trigger 10 gauge is being able to shoot a cheap shell at the gobbler when he gets close without having to shoot that expensive Nitro.

SKFOOTER

Quote from: 4nolz2 on February 04, 2012, 08:43:23 PM
sorry to say I didnt take much in the way of pics-I also shot a round at a shoot-n-see turkey silohuette at 40 and 60 but it doesnt have a 10" circle.

my DB is a Leige cut down and sleeved with H210 I had 260 last time I shot (ave both barrels)
with Blends it was ave of 90   (these were shot with nwtf targets with a 10" circle in a lead-sled on a bench)

the sp-10 jelly head was 260some if I remember right last time and the Blends were 89 on the 10" target

basically on a non-scientific test they shot like all my older10 gauge shells and nothing close to as good as my h210 nitros.
Were you shooting the Jellyhead .695 or .690??

SKFOOTER

Try the .695

4nolz2

I already have 2 pattern masters and a pure gold.Since the nitros shoot so well I'll just stay put-I just couldnt resist trying the "newest" thing.

fountain2

Something sounds off.  Are you shooting pre drawn circles?  Those numbers sound no more than a 3" 12.  If bot bbl are good and clean and you are shooting a target, then looking at the dense core of the pattern, then some re-choking may be in order.   

4nolz2

yes shooting the nwtf 10" circle target-whatever is wrong doesnt appear to effect the Nitros so I'll just shoot them I guess. :fud: :OGani:

fountain2

I was figuring if you're shooting pre drawn circles then u may be missing the core of the pattern.  I didbthe same thing for a while until I was set straight.  Shoot blank paper or cardboard then draw the circle around your core pattern, and check the poi/poa and adjust if necessary

4nolz2

yes I learned alot here too-I use a 4'X8' backstop then cover it with white freezer paper then put the official target on it-I have a photo on my home computer I'll try to post tonight.It showed me at 40 yards my sp-10 shoots 6" to the left!

ElkTurkMan

Any chance we can get some close up pics?