North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What Time of day do you score most .

Started by hookedspur, February 14, 2012, 11:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

When do you connect ? What time of the day do you kill  the majority of your birds? .

Fly Down
42 (28.4%)
Mid Morn
78 (52.7%)
Late Morn -Noon
21 (14.2%)
Afternoon
6 (4.1%)
Before Roost
1 (0.7%)

Total Members Voted: 147

hookedspur

I was doing some research ,going through my journal, and it looks like I have killed over 65% of my birds mid to late morning , and was just wondering what you consider your witching hour ?
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

ElkTurkMan

Here lately it has been afternoons for me.  My last five birds have all been in the afternoon.

Basin_hunter

Late Morn -Noon. All four of the birds I killed were after 10:00am.
In fall we rut, in spring we strut

WildTigerTrout

I have killed birds from 6am to 1145am but the majority were taken mid-morning 8am to 10am.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

RS

dirt road ninja

jblackburn

Without a doubt 10:00 to about 1:00!  It maybe harder to find one willing to work,  but when you do he will usually run in!  They are lonely and looking for ladies at that time.

I do love the daylight to about 9:00 time just for the number of gobbles you can hear and it is nice to pull one right off the roost and be out of the woods early.  But, early is when the hens are with them and the other hunters are out.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

guesswho

A couple haurs after daylight is my favorite, but the kills run about the same at all hours. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

stinkpickle

Most of have been within an hour of flydown.

duckaholic25

drenalinld

Mid to late morning is killing time for me.

BrowningGuy88

I have killed over half my birds fling down off the roost into my lap. About 25% around lunch that I have worked all morning and 25% right before fly up.

30_06

Mostly afternoons for me, but that's usually because I only have a total of 1hr to hunt before I have to go to work in the mornings.....still have to get out and hear all the gobbling though!

sugarray

So, I think I can remember, Since I only have 6 thus far

2009 - 0730
2010 - 1230, 1030, 0625
2011 - 0730, 0615, (son's at 0830)

So I like the 1-2 hrs right after fly down.  With deer 9-11 is my favorite time to be out

WildSpur

Most of my luck is after 0900.  Every year I wonder why I try to hunt roost birds but I just can't miss out on fly down time!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less