turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Friday Devotional 03/21/2014

Started by BOFF, March 21, 2014, 07:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

This Wednesday evening, we were studying some scripture, and something jumped out at me and has been on my heart since. I'm not sure I may put it in words to relay what I am thinking about, but will try. We read from:

James 2:19-21(NKJV)

19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?[a] -a. useless

Yes, we as believers should have actions to back our words of belief of our Lord Jesus as our personal Saviour. And yes, we as believers, including myself, do a poor job at times of doing so. However, this is not what jumped out to me. Let us look at the 19b "Even the demons believe."

I think about how the demons, who are fallen angels, once lived with God!!

Jude 1:5-7(NKJV)

5 But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe. 6 And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day; 7 as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

They actually had been with God on a daily basis, much like the Israelits who fled Egypt, and saw God's works daily.  We too, see God's works. Some have been Blessed with children, beautiful sights in nature, protection, healed sicknesses, and other areas where God has made his presence known.

But if the angels can become demons, maybe we shouldn't be so bold in thinking we too can not be led astray, or can get out of what we are currently doing wrong, or not doing what we know God has called us to do.

Is there someone God has told you you need to witness to about Him? Is there some person you need to stop hanging out with, because it is causing harm to your relationship with your spouse or children? Is there some language you need to stop using, as it is harmful to your witness?

Regardless, if an angel may fall, we are only fooling ourselves thinking we will never leave the grace of God. Stop before it is too late!! Repent, and turn back to the one who is longing to have you home, your Saviour Jesus is waiting. He is longing to have you back!!

Father God,

Thank You for Your Word, and Your never ending love. Thank You for there being a way home, regardless of what we have done. Thank You for loving us for who we are, rather than loving us for what we do.

We lift up those who are hurting today, those who have fallen, those who are prideful, those who just need to come back home to You. Give them assurance You are a mighty God, with gentleness to clean the deepest wounds.

Thank You for all which You have already done, and for all which You are going to do.

For it is in the mightily name of Jesus we ask and claim these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net