OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

20 guage DIY Camo

Started by TheBigSnood, April 10, 2018, 11:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBigSnood

I just finished painting her up! Could have been better, but it will do me fine for years to come!  A shout out to an awesome product.  The Brownells aluma hyde clear (Matte) buts a beautiful final finish on the gun.  Steal wool in between 4-5 coats, and you will have a gun coat that is durable and looks killer..

Are you willing to step out of the boat as Peter did?  Think about it, he wouldn't have walked on water without stepping out of the boat!

Hootin-N-Hammer

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Double B

Followed by buzzards

Chuck1443

Good job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheBigSnood

Thanks. I've always wanted to do one. One of my fondest memories of my youth was growing up with an old man who introduced me to turkey hunting, had an ol 1100 that he hand painted in bottomland. That gun is still around today. Since then, I've always wanted to do one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you willing to step out of the boat as Peter did?  Think about it, he wouldn't have walked on water without stepping out of the boat!

Izzyjoe

surehuntsalot

fine looking turkey rig....great job
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

dublelung

That looks great! Did you use a kit? If so please share what you used. Thanks.

owlhoot

Tom Foolery

KentuckyLB

That is real nice...looks better then some factory paint jobs.

TheBigSnood

Quote from: dublelung on April 11, 2018, 09:40:30 AM
That looks great! Did you use a kit? If so please share what you used. Thanks.

I didnt use a kit.. I got online and googled bottomland stencils. Clicked on some of the pictures of the stencils, and printed several off.. took an exacto knife and cut out the patterns.  I think the rule of thumb is "less is more, and if your not careful, you will paint the lines too close together..