Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nickhrp

Congrats on the rio's
God Bless the Outdoors

Illini Tom

way to go, sam and nomo  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
congrats. team is off to a heck of a start

sonofabuck

Nice job fellers!!  :icon_thumright:  April 18th is the opener in KY for me.  If my girls soccer tournaments get canceled for this weekend I'm going to try to hunt GA or a buddy's lease here in TN.

turkey buster

Guys I had one in my lap but just could see him. The sounds of his gobble and drumming was within 30-40 yards. Just thick cover. He was working around it slowly but another hunter came in and started over calling loudly and spooked him off. Aggravations of public birds

ericjames

The ol' 835 and hillbilly did it again.

nickhrp

God Bless the Outdoors

ericjames

Well you know I might be doing something right when he's gotta take a picture with me. That's not what got to me, he walked up to me and started to sit down. Then he looks around at the bird and back at me and says with the most serious face ever. " Wait a minute daddy, I gotta go put my foot on his head". Then he came an sit down.

Illini Tom

nice lookin bird, eric. congrats  :icon_thumright:
looks like you put the hammer to him
on this morning's scout, had 6 toms roosted within a couple hundred yards. watched a strutter come out in a field and gather his harem. hope to have a surprise for him monday morning  :fud:

ericjames

Quote from: Illini Tom on April 11, 2015, 11:41:30 AM
nice lookin bird, eric. congrats  :icon_thumright:
looks like you put the hammer to him
on this morning's scout, had 6 toms roosted within a couple hundred yards. watched a strutter come out in a field and gather his harem. hope to have a surprise for him monday morning  :fud:

This is with the 3.5" longbeard 4's @ 38-40 yards. I thought the same thing, I said he is smashed for it being  that distance. When I was cleaning him the thick part of the breast bone was broke in 3 different places. and the pellets kept going but they didnt exit. I have one more vocal bird that I know of, I might leave him and go try to hunt the management area just to see how that goes.

nickhrp

How's everybody doing yall still after them
God Bless the Outdoors

Gooserbat

I got mine and the boy's posted
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Illini Tom

great, 2 more on the board. will bump us up in standings
i am headin out again. tough monday but had several close encounters yesterday

nickhrp

Thanks Sam nice birds yall got and stay after them Tom and good luck
God Bless the Outdoors

sonofabuck

I can't wait til this weekend!  KY opener is finally here.  The last time it opened this late in the season I tagged out opening weekend.  We've had lots of rain here in Chattanooga (and soccer tournaments for my girls) and I haven't hunted locally at all.  I'm off friday and am going to hit GA in the morning before heading to KY.  I'm also off Monday so I have a 4 day weekend to make it happen.