OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best Crystal pot under 80.00

Started by gatrkyhntr70, March 19, 2024, 01:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

outdoors

John Sinclair. He also has a website
Really nice looking / sounding calls
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

b wilt

Matt k

captpete

If you haven't found one yet, there is a Jimmy Schaffer crystal in the classifieds. Jimmy makes a GREAT crystal.

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,117258.0.html

Brinkcalls

I have a $10 off deal for OG members. So they are $65. I think they sound good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColemantownHC

Quote from: Ihuntoldschool on March 19, 2024, 11:11:00 PMPrimos Power Crystal.
Turkey won't care how much you spent or what names on it.

Shhhhhhhhh, hush your mouth!

tnanh

I really like my Gooserbat Chrystal.

BDeal

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 19, 2024, 11:36:43 PMIt's all about the cadence / sound / tone ... I just appreciate custom calls myself ... For myself, it's all about sounds and tones of the rollover that makes a difference.

With custom calls i have control of what i'm looking for in a call. 

If squawking is all that matters to you keep buying the cheap production made calls...

I will agree some of the production calls are better than other production calls ... SOME WHAT

There have been a pile of birds killed with production calls and a pile more will be killed. You certainly don't need an expensive custom call to kill a turkey. We have killed a lot with Primos and HS calls and most were heavily pressured private or public land birds. Not sitting over a food plot shooting low pressure birds. I have a bunch of customs as well but I'm not sure I kill many more now than I did when I was buying calls from Walmart and Scheels.

Greg Massey

Quote from: BDeal on May 19, 2024, 08:07:12 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on March 19, 2024, 11:36:43 PMIt's all about the cadence / sound / tone ... I just appreciate custom calls myself ... For myself, it's all about sounds and tones of the rollover that makes a difference.

With custom calls i have control of what i'm looking for in a call. 

If squawking is all that matters to you keep buying the cheap production made calls...

I will agree some of the production calls are better than other production calls ... SOME WHAT

There have been a pile of birds killed with production calls and a pile more will be killed. You certainly don't need an expensive custom call to kill a turkey. We have killed a lot with Primos and HS calls and most were heavily pressured private or public land birds. Not sitting over a food plot shooting low pressure birds. I have a bunch of customs as well but I'm not sure I kill many more now than I did when I was buying calls from Walmart and Scheels.

What really matters is what you expect out of the calls you want to carry and hunt with - sounds / tone.
I just think with some calls you can play a better cadence / rhythm / sound. Everyone is chasing his sound.
Strikers play an important part as well. IMO

mountainhunter1

I have 100.00-150.00 pots sitting here from most of the major pot builders in my office, but I personally think that the Wooodhaven Cherry Crystal for around 89.00 give or take is as good a crystal pot as a man needs. I have one new in the pack (had it for years), and not sure why I have not taken it to the woods (it is as good as any higher dollar pot that I have). Every time I take it out of the pack and play it, I always say to myself, "Man, that call sounds really really good." I don't have much of Woodhaven's stuff, but I do know that if you buy A Cherry Crystal from Mike at Woodhaven, he will send you two strikers and also one of his covers to protect the surface. I love his pot call covers.

"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Bottomland OG

Quote from: mountainhunter1 on May 22, 2024, 04:32:46 PMI have 100.00-150.00 pots sitting here from most of the major pot builders in my office, but I personally think that the Wooodhaven Cherry Crystal for around 89.00 give or take is as good a crystal pot as a man needs. I have one new in the pack (had it for years), and not sure why I have not taken it to the woods (it is as good as any higher dollar pot that I have). Every time I take it out of the pack and play it, I always say to myself, "Man, that call sounds really really good." I don't have much of Woodhaven's stuff, but I do know that if you buy A Cherry Crystal from Mike at Woodhaven, he will send you two strikers and also one of his covers to protect the surface. I love his pot call covers.

I agree with this. I also own a pile of different pot calls. The cherry crystal from woodhaven is definitely going to be one of the best calls you're going to find for that price. (Sound and quality)

Tnandy

Nathan Taylor may be right around that price with Higher Calling Calls. Buster Halford for a few bucks more