turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Rubber boots

Started by turkeymanjim, May 13, 2021, 04:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeymanjim

Looking to buy a pair of rubber boots. Looking for comfort for walking long distance and not so hot in warmer weather. 
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

stinkpickle

My son got some Tingleys like these last year and really likes them.  I might have to try some out for myself...

https://www.tingleyrubber.com/collections/ultra-light-boots/products/airgo-ultra-lightweight-boot-1?variant=37782640722104

Sanders153

I got some Lacrosse's last year that were comfortable, but they tore apart after two seasons. I'd stay away from them now

Crghss

Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

Mossberg90MN

I'm a big fan of the Lacrosse grange boots. And I'm a walker. Pair those uninsulated with the right moisture wicking socks and your in business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: Crghss on May 13, 2021, 08:38:13 PM
Muck boots

https://www.muckbootcompany.com/
I own a pair of Muck Stealth Cool boots.  I really like them. Good for warmer weather wear.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

howl

Muck are the best by a mile. And they stand behind the product. You can usually get a good discount code if you order direct.

Sanders153

Quote from: Mossberg90MN on May 13, 2021, 10:31:02 PM
I'm a big fan of the Lacrosse grange boots. And I'm a walker. Pair those uninsulated with the right moisture wicking socks and your in business.

Maybe that's where I messed up, not getting the Grange. I tried the alpha agility's

Gooserbat

My experience is this,
Mucks are comfortable but quality is not what it was.
Lacrosse hurt my feet... My feet so that probably won't be your case.
Itasca is a good boot and comfortable.
Dryshod is what I'm wearing now and my impression is it's a better Muck at a better price.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Tunaguy

" I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx

trkehunr93

Lacrosse Alpha Burly's, I'd steer clear of any other Lacrosse that have alot of neoprene like the Aeroheads.  I had a pair of another Lacrosse I bought in 2010 and the neoprene started leaking at the seam where it met the rubber within a few years.  Tried repairing it to no avail.  I feel like the Alpha Burly's offer the most support compared to the Burly and the Grange.  Tried Mucks and took them back, maybe it's just my foot but they had WAY too much room in them and I was rolling my ankle from the lack of support.  Sportsmans Warehouse took them back and it turned out they had a defect that I didn't notice so it worked out.

Jstocks

Quote from: Mossberg90MN on May 13, 2021, 10:31:02 PM

This.

Or get some LL Beans.

Greg Massey

Quote from: stinkpickle on May 13, 2021, 04:56:30 PM
My son got some Tingleys like these last year and really likes them.  I might have to try some out for myself...

https://www.tingleyrubber.com/collections/ultra-light-boots/products/airgo-ultra-lightweight-boot-1?variant=37782640722104
I bought pair of these last year, and they are awesome. You will not be disappointed in these boots..

ShootingABN!

Good luck.

Never heard of a rubber boot being cool in warmer weather.

I have used Lacrosse for years. I always get the non insolated. They make a rubber conditioner that will help them last longer. 

I think the quality of must boots are going down. Rubber breaks down faster. Snake boots you pay a premium for only waterproof for a few hunts..... List goes on and on.

J.D. Shellnut

LaCrosse grange. They last a very long time. But like any other rubber boot your feet will sweat when its hot. And if you wear them in the winter you'd swear they would put yeti out of business if they made ice chest out them!
60% of the time it works every time!