turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Wing

Started by Turkeyman62, March 11, 2014, 09:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garrett Trentham

I use one quite a bit. However, I rarely use it for a fly-down. If you watch and listen to turkeys flying down, they don't make much wing noise at all. They just glide and land. Sometimes they flap a couple times to stretch their wings after they land, but that's about it. Things I will use it for and often do are: fighting sequences, added to normal calling to imitate a bird stretching it's wings, scratching in leaves, and imitating a bird flying a river or slough. I'll even use it to imitate a fly-up in the evening when I want a gobbler to think I'm the only hen (or hens) around for the following morning.
"Conservation needs more than lip service... more than professionals. It needs ordinary people with extraordinary desire. "
- Dr. Rex Hancock

www.deltawaterfowl.org

DirtNap647

jwhunter

Vabirddog

Quote from: SCGobbler on March 11, 2014, 11:12:41 PM
I always have one.  I tie it to my vest with decoy line so I don't leave it if I get up to move.

I use it in the mornings before flydown to scratch the bark on trees.

I also use it to scratch in the leaves.

Sent from my Windows Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

+1

bamagtrdude

Yes sir!  It's a real wing off the biggest gobbler I've taken so far.
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

Vabirddog

I use the end about 5 feathers and cut them off a little (if not already drug off)  Tie to vest.
and darker wings if i can, Ive always wanted a black osceola wing. Some paint them, I dont.