turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Speedbead vs.Fast fire on Browning gold

Started by Buzzkiller, March 31, 2016, 01:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzzkiller

I am want to put one on a Browning Gold 3.5  I like the low profile speedbead better from what I have seen but I hear that it does not hold zero on some guns.
What do you suggest  speedbead or fastfire III ? 

backwater

I could be wrong, but my understanding is the speed bead is a way to mount the FF3.   I used the 336 mount for my FF3 but some guys really like the speed bead.

reynolds243

Correct the speedbead is just the name of the mount.  I can't speak to a browning but mine has held zero from day one on my guns.

Joshua 24:15
"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."

Sent from my phone sucka

taylorjones20

I've got a speed bead for the browning gold.  I didn't have much luck with it.

But, then again I have one for the SBE2 and I couldn't make it hold zero either.  It would hold zero while shooting but if there was ever any amount of pressure applied to it then you could visibly see the dot move.  I lost confidence in it...  Others like Reynolds seem to have had great success with theirs.  It's not sturdy enough for me. Maybe I'm just too rough on it. lol
Alive only by the Grace Of God

Buzzkiller

The stores I have checked has speed bead , fast fire2 and fast fire 3
I am more worried about the mounting system holding zero and like the lower profile better
but if the FF3 will fit the stock mount all I will have to is buy another mounting rail correct?
Thanks for the info. guys I never new they all fit the stock mounting system

Buzzkiller

Quote from: taylorjones20 on March 31, 2016, 09:35:03 AM
I've got a speed bead for the browning gold.  I didn't have much luck with it.

But, then again I have one for the SBE2 and I couldn't make it hold zero either.  It would hold zero while shooting but if there was ever any amount of pressure applied to it then you could visibly see the dot move.  I lost confidence in it...  Others like Reynolds seem to have had great success with theirs.  It's not sturdy enough for me. Maybe I'm just too rough on it. lol
I'm pretty rough with mine also plus it kicks like a mule.   What about the Leupold ?

taylorjones20

The FF3 sight itself holds zero. The speed bead mount on my guns has not held zero.  You can't go wrong with the FF3.  Just mount it to the receiver using a base.  I am using the Warne base for my SBE2.
Alive only by the Grace Of God

reynolds243

Quote from: taylorjones20 on March 31, 2016, 10:27:14 AM
The FF3 sight itself holds zero. The speed bead mount on my guns has not held zero.  You can't go wrong with the FF3.  Just mount it to the receiver using a base.  I am using the Warne base for my SBE2.

man i think we could have resolved this issue. i have seen a few here and there that would do the same (even my 20 gauge mount did) until some minor modifications were added and that fixed the issue.

I am SUPER hard on both of my guns, i have thrown, kicked, dropped and submerged mine and the mount had no issues.  even when i mount mine i literally grab them and shake the crap out of them in all directions holding the mount to make sure it was not going to move.