turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

a couple ff3 questions

Started by Rockhound, February 23, 2014, 06:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockhound

Ok guys I've never even looked into one of these things, basically because I've never thought I needed one but thanks to OG and Burris I'm a proud owner of one :)

The battery is what scares me, how long is the battery life on these things? I dont wanna be in the woods with a dead sight.

2. I've looked and they dont make a speed bead for any turkey gun that I own. All of mine are drilled and tapped for scopes so what kind of mount do I need?

3. Can I get one of the 336 mounts and be able to use it from gun to gun?

Is it easy to turn on with an approaching bird?

Any advice andeiddom is greatly appreciated and plaase excuse my ignorance.

Shellwaster

First off, welcome to the club.

The battery lasts a long time, mines going on year three with the original battery. I do however keep a spare in my vest.

Depending upon your gun and the holes for mounting optics will depend upon the base you'll need, what kind of gun and what is the screw spacing distance? You may be able to find a weaver base that will fit your gun.

The best practice to get into is to turn it on as soon as you load your gun and don't touch it until it turns itself off. Periodically check to see if it's still on as I cannot remember how long it will stay on before turning itself off.

These FF3's are fantastic tools and you'll be happy to have it when that bird is approaching and you may not have your gun tight against your shoulder or cheek. Just make sure the dot is on his head and squeeze the trigger.

Good luck this season.

Rockhound

I mainly hunt with a bps 10, can I put this sight on with my fiber optics still mounted until I see if I like it or not?

Shellwaster

If you're fiber optics are on you vent rib, then yes since the FF mounts to the receiver.

hookedspur

First Congrats on that !!!
You are going to like it
I turn mine on when I leave the truck and off when I get back to it.
Its on the same battery since it was new .
I have a ff2 that's running on the same battery for 3 years ,I am going to change it this year
but they run a long time on a battery.
Just keep a spare in your vest .
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

ericjames

You will like the ff3. I know the battery last for years.I haven't had my ff3 but just a few months. But my ff2 I had I know batteries last at least 2 years in it and the 3 is suppose to have even better battery life..  I sold the ff2 and  got the ff3. Mainly because of the ease of changing the battery. With that said I will probably change the battery in my ff3 every 2 seasons. Rifle sights are good but I like the Burris fastfire 2 or 3 better.

BurrisOptics

I have an older FF 2 on my 1911 Carry gun.  I notice I've flicked it on by accident plenty of times and the auto off is saving me there.  It's been on there for about 4 years now with the same original battery.  They will last you quite a while.  I think they estimate 20,000 hours.