OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Absolute Best Red Dot on market for Turkeys?

Started by HoggleGobble, February 15, 2013, 11:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoggleGobble

Taking money out of the equation, what is the best red dot available? I would like for it to be in APG. I just purchased a SBE2 w/ Steady Grip, and thinking of lengthening the forcing cone, polishing the barrel, maybe porting it. I want to add the best red dot available to it. I have looked through the Eotech 512, and really like it, but have heard that the battery springs sometimes fail. I have looked at the aimpoints as well. I kinda like the circle w/ the dot that the eotech has. Any opinions on the best red dot (APG) available? Also, what is the best choke available? I have some .660 Rhinos on my Nova and on all my 870s. But I have a HEVI-shot choke on my Xtrema2 that I like as well. Any opinions? Thanks Guys!!!!!!!!

USMC0331

You might want to look at the vortex razor red dot. Lifetime warranty on everything.  As far as choke tubes  it will depend on ammo. If you lengthen the forcing cones do not use the Nitro ammo. Hope this helps you out.

Thegobblergetter

Hogglegobble, you might want to look at the Burris FFIII.  There are many features on it that other red dot sights do not have, but the biggest one is their warranty and, especially, their customer service.  It is second to none!!  John

btmonnat

I agree with ''Thegobblergetter''. The Burris FF III is high quality at a reasonable price.

chatterbox

The EoTech 512 is a very high quality sight, and well made. The reticle is very nice, but the sight adds alot of weight to your gun. I heard the only time the sight cancels out under recoil is when the batteries are running low. I never had a problem with the sight holding up to recoil. However, the weight and the height of the sight were the 2 biggest cons for me.
Now my 835 has a FFIII, and I couldn't be more pleased. It weighs less than an ounce, is waterproof and tough as nails. Now that the battery sits on top, and those darn locking screws have been replaced with click adjustments for windage and elevation, it is in my opinion, the best turkey optic out there. Mate it with a 336 Marlin base, and you have a sight system that sits low on your gun, and you are in to it for around 300.00. Much less than a EoTech 512, and just as good. My preference is the 8 MOA dot over the 3 MOA. Easier to pick up the bigger dot.
This is just my opinion, and I hope it helps with your decision. I am a Burris owner for life, because there is no one in the industry with better customer service. All you have to do is check the optics board here and see what Burris has done for the members. Couple that with a very high quality optic, and they are the best, hands down! 

WildSpur

Burris! 

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

01Foreman400

I bought an EoTech 512 for my Super Vinci and once I got it in my hands I quickly sold it.  The thing is huge.  I have a Docter sight with the Burris 336 mount on my SBE 2 and M2 20 ga. 

SBE 2

M2

Huntin Fool From Georgia!

K9Doc

I have 2 FF3 sights because of warranty, quality, and price. That being said, I still want a Trijicon RMR. Check them out. Trijicon makes some very rugged stuff. RMR needs to batteries
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

BOFF

I have the Eotech XPS and 552, and the FF IIs.

I like all threee of them. My main gun has the 552 on it.

If you need to look at them Chad, let me know.

God Bless,
David B.

beagler

Aimpoint 9000SC
They withstand the heaviest recoil and get 50,000hrs battery life. I have one on both my SBE 2 and Mossberg 835. Great for hunting predators at night as well.

Never Misses

Heeter

Cut EM