OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

AimPoint H1 & T1

Started by GSLAM95, December 24, 2012, 12:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSLAM95

Does anyone here have any experience with one of these sights on a turkey gun?  I have a Benelli M2 20 gauge that is not drilled and tapped.  I am considering the H1 or T1 but looking for opinions before I go drilling and tapping.  Looking for suggestions on the cleanest low profile base possible to work as well.
I may consider going with a FFIII as well but wish to keep this thread dedicated to the AimPoint for the time being...
Thanks for any and all help...

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

obro

I have been looking at them also.

jasperjet

I have the h1 . Battery life 50,000 hrs? wow anyway it is simple to sight in. Primary arms sells a base for these and its knock off red dot sight goes on a weaver mount it is quick release.

mrclif

I know I'm digging up an old post but is anybody else running these units. Jus lookn for alittle feed back from turkey hunters I know the reviews with tacheads are excellent.

the Ward

I don't know if this helps, but there is a member here called Huntsource that runs a couple of Vinci's with those sights. I haven't seen him post here in awhile though but you might try shooting him a pm. I talked to him a couple times about some patterning stuff and he is a very knowledgeable and really nice guy.

CrustyRusty

They are great sight, very durable and battery lasts forever.  However, the lenses are very close to the edge of the housing.  The problem with that is moisture gets on them easily, no sunshade and the glass is vulnerable to getting damaged. (Mine got damaged)  I got rid of mine and bought an aimpoint 9000sc.  It's a bit heavier but I don't worry about it like I did with the h1. 

Since burris offers a lifetime on their ff3's now, that is what's on my gun now.  It's light and the optics are clear and crisp dot.  And they're reasonably priced.  If you want to spend the same as the h1, then look at the trijicon rmr.

mrclif

Thanks for the in put guys.

Frank G

CrustyRusty said it all,
I'm a big fan of the 9000, why try to save a few ounces and sacrifice durability. I have yet to "hurt" one from large "hand cannons", ML shotgun and rifle. The objective and ocular lens are set back, no issue with moisture or sun reflection.  :icon_thumright:

Frank G  In Tennessee