turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Benelli M1 20 ga scope mount success

Started by gobblenomore, October 13, 2012, 09:58:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobblenomore

I've looked for some time for a type of mount for my benelli 20ga. I've talked to several gunsmiths and some said drill and tap it some said not to drill it but most said at your own risk.

I called B Square to see if they could make a mount and they said I wouldn't want to pay the price for it. The next day I got a call back from them and the lady suggested one of their universal cantilever mounts. I didn't like the idea but decided to give it a try for $20.
It came in I mounted it and was pleased. Took to the range and the screws would not stay tight.

The next day I went to the hardware store and got some new bolts and locking nuts. I got the smallest i could find and still had to drill out the holes on the mount just a bit.

I mounted it again and off to the range my wife and I went. We started off with heavy duck loads to get the scope close then moved to turkey loads. We shot 60 rounds ( about 25 3" turkey loads)  and the system was still rock solid.

Next we ran 2 boxes of trap loads through the gun. I checked the mount and it seemed solid. To test it I shot 5 more turkey loads through it at the target and all were dead on. Hope this holds up as well as it has so far. Just wanted to throw an option out there for for some benellli 20 ga shooters. 

Seth B

BOFF

Be careful.

I tried one on My SBE I and it pulled the rib rail block away from the barrel.  :(

I finally just had the gun (barrel) tapped for a scope mount. 

Hope it works out well for you. I was shooting 3 1/2" shells though.

God Bless,
David B.

WyoHunter

I had the same thing happen to me on my 20 ga. Beretta. Took it off and had it drilled and tapped.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

01Foreman400

Huntin Fool From Georgia!