OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

First wing one

Started by the Ward, February 25, 2022, 07:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Ward

First one I made from last years gobbler. 2 bone with copper wrap. Taken with 10 gauge. Will be using both this spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the Ward

It's pretty plain but sounds good. I did the wrap with stripped copper wire, and made a lanyard loop with it too. Left it plain for now so i can add dates and stuff later on it if i can be lucky enough to take a few more with it.

EZ

I like the way you used the copper and made a lanyard loop.

the Ward

Thank you Sir! I admire  your calls and your compliment means a lot!

packmule

Quote from: EZ on February 25, 2022, 08:47:30 PM
I like the way you used the copper and made a lanyard loop.

X2

paboxcall

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

the Ward

Tom007

Nice job! Send us a pic of that baby next to an Old Tom's head....be safe
"Solo hunter"

the Ward

Quote from: Tom007 on February 26, 2022, 06:58:25 AM
Nice job! Send us a pic of that baby next to an Old Tom's head....be safe
Ha ha! will do if i get a chance! It's a little crude, but i will refine it as i go. Didn't want to try and get too fancy on my first one, just want to learn how to play it correctly and go from there. Thanks everyone for your replies!!

Jmillwood21

I have one I made out of my bird last year shot with the old 10ga. My buddy wrapped it in string but didn't finish it with a coating. Half jobs around here but I'm ready to give it a go this season! Undos good as well.

the Ward

Quote from: Jmillwood21 on February 26, 2022, 08:12:09 AM
I have one I made out of my bird last year shot with the old 10ga. My buddy wrapped it in string but didn't finish it with a coating. Half jobs around here but I'm ready to give it a go this season! Undos good as well.

Awesome!!

the Ward

I was planning to wrap the trumpet end with fine copper wire and put a cork lip stop on it, but didn't get that far with it yet. Someday!

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Nice job, i really like the use of the copper.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

the Ward

I just thought the white bone and copper color would go good together, like an ancient artifact from Egypt or Rome. I watched way too many history shows lol!Thanks for all the positive replies fellas, means a lot to me. If i ever get it looking like my idea, i will post up more pics.

Gawhitaker

Looks good, all the artistry and wrap don't make them any more effective, great idea on the lanyard holder