turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pecking order

Started by Lone Star Eastern, February 16, 2023, 11:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KYTurkey07

I've heard the first thing turkeys do when on the ground is determine their pecking order. Gobblers, hens and even poults. They have to sort out who's boss for the day within their own group.

Old Swamper

Quote from: KYTurkey07 on May 27, 2024, 11:14:13 AMI've heard the first thing turkeys do when on the ground is determine their pecking order. Gobblers, hens and even poults. They have to sort out who's boss for the day within their own group.
This has been my experience.

MK M GOBL

Quote from: KYTurkey07 on May 27, 2024, 11:14:13 AMI've heard the first thing turkeys do when on the ground is determine their pecking order. Gobblers, hens and even poults. They have to sort out who's boss for the day within their own group.

The "Boss" doesn't change on a day-to-day order, it will only change if something happens to the boss.

But in the Alpha / Beta(s)/ Omega(s) hierarchy there is a dominance order even within each group. These are also well sorted out.

MK M GOBL

Paulmyr

Dominance is well sorted out but tested frequently.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.