OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Williams fire sights with a FF3 or Venom?

Started by Isomaad, March 07, 2016, 05:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isomaad

Hey guys, I currently have a Mossberg 930 with Williams Universal Slugger fire sights.  I'm seriously considering a move to the FF3, Vortex Venom, or maybe even a Simmons Prodiamond.  If I go with either red dot, I will use the Burris plate that allows you to mount directly to the receiver without needing to use a rail.  With this set up, I'm assuming I will need to remove the Williams sights because it looks like they would be right in the middle of your view when looking through the FF3 or Venom.  Is that correct?  Also, what if I went with Simmons Prodiamond with a DNZ low mount?  Would the fire sights still be seen?  Thanks!

Bayou Gold

I am curious about the very question you have asked about.   Same situation for me except I have rem 870 and tru glo rifle sights.   

Help us somebody!!

cluck

First of all I don't own a mossberg. I have a remington 870 with a speedbead and ff3 on it. It has a 28 inch barrel on it. My point is I can still see the bead and could use the bead if the battery went dead. My understanding is if the ff3 is mounted on top of the reciver, that is drilled and taped, i would not be able to see the bead. I can't answer your question for sure but I would think that because your front site sits higher than a bead you might be able to see it. I ordered the burris 336 mount for a remington 11-87 twenty gauge and hope that I can still use the williams rib mounted sites on it. Hope I have not confused you even more. Hope it all works for you!!!    Cluck

turkeykirk

I have the Williams Firesights on a Remington 870 20 gauge along with a Fast Fire 3 on a Marlin 336 base. When using the FF3 I can see the sights but it dosen't inter fear with the red dot . With the FF3 on , l can line the red dot and the sights up at the same time. Haven't shot it this way but need to to see if it would work as a back up in case something happened to the FF3 sight. Hope this makes sense.

Bayou Gold

Glad to hear that Kirk.  Just got a ff3 in and have 870 with tru glo rifle sights.  I have been searching for weeks for the info in your post.  You  just gave me exactly what I have been looking for.  Much obliged!

Got a 336 base on the way now.

Did you drill the 336 base, or the gun?

My gun is drilled n tapped, therefore, I plan to drill base instead of putting more holes in gun

turkeykirk

Had the gun drilled and tapped for the 336 base.