OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

ff3

Started by Prohunter3509, May 14, 2016, 07:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prohunter3509

Cabelas has ff3 with ar mount 200.00 what else would I need to adapt it to fit my browning shotgun . Are they worth there money any help appreciated

CrustyRusty

if you are putting it on a Browning base, I would not get the AR version since it sits fairly high and will make a proper cheek weld even harder. 

WAGinVA

For $200 you can throw the base away.

Prohunter3509

Which base would we get

sixbird

FF III is an excellent product. I wouldn't concern myself one bit about it. The base issue should be easily solved. I'm sure a quick search here would give you all the info. you need on mounting.
Which model Browning do you have?

Prohunter3509

:welcomeOG:I have a silver
I also have a ar thinking of buying one  and using it on both

CrustyRusty

Then you would have to buy another base right?  I would just get the picatinny base but if you do have an AR also, then it would be worth getting.

Quote from: WAGinVA on May 14, 2016, 09:52:29 PM
For $200 you can throw the base away.

Prohunter3509

:wagon:that's what I thought so I purchased it today get pica tinned base a lil later
Thanks

Bayou Gold

Just ordered one in AR base myself, that the plan to replace AR base and attach on my 870 SM.  It just seemed like a good deal with protecter included.  I hope to hav AR soon and thought I could save has for then to slay pigs. 

I am leaning towards the 336 base.  If I understand correctly, I can remove sight from AR mount and protecter and mount ff3 directly to 336 base.   First, I need to have 336 drilled and countersinked for my. 870

Have you converted yours to your shotgun yet Prohunter?

Prohunter3509

My silver came already drilled and tapped
I did have to order a browning weaver base
Other bases wouldn't fit browning wants to sell there on. Lol
Been shooting it on ar it's nice
Gonna order guard on old gobbler later