turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Tech and Basecamp

Started by Sir-diealot, August 21, 2020, 10:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Has anyone used either of these apps on their cell phones and what were your thoughts of them. Here is the description of Turkey Tech just in case there is anyone else like me that had never heard of it before.

Hands down, this is one of our favorite apps for any hunting season (did you think this list was in order?). Scott Ellis and Tayler Tibbitts teamed up to build an awesome app to help you hone in your turkey calling skills.
With Turkey Tech, you can hear Scott, a three time grand national turkey calling champion, doing a variety of calls. The best part? They have real live turkeys doing the call, too. You can actually record you practicing your call, and compare it to Scott or the turkeys (he modestly says the turkeys are better, but it's an amazing resource to have Scott teaching you to call).

This app has more calls available than any other app we've seen. And for the price of a single coffee, it's one heck of a deal, too!

Basemap is like Onx but looking on my new cell phone I felt the maps were much more detailed when you zoomed down using Basemap. I have never owned a smart phone before, so I am sure there are things I am missing, just wanted some input from those that have used both. Thanks for any help given.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

redleg06

I downloaded the Turkey Tech app on my phone a couple of months ago. It's pretty cool to mess around with when driving down the road and practicing calling.  I haven't spent a ton of time on it but you can definitely record yourself on the app, play it back, and compare.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: redleg06 on August 22, 2020, 06:25:41 PM
I downloaded the Turkey Tech app on my phone a couple of months ago. It's pretty cool to mess around with when driving down the road and practicing calling.  I haven't spent a ton of time on it but you can definitely record yourself on the app, play it back, and compare.
Thanks, does the program compare for you as well or just you compare?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."