turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Another 870 project (WIP)

Started by tree-rat sniper, February 01, 2019, 11:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tree-rat sniper

I needed another 20 ga like an extra hole in the head but... Picked up a 21" 870 compact last year during a distributor sale & was going to sell it but decided to try it out as a turkey rig.  Had the stocks left over from a waterfowl project.  Also had the Tightwad choke laying around (picked up for next to nothing at the Cabelas bargain cave).  Did the Flitz treatment to the barrel & gave her the krylon touch.  I think I have an Undertaker for an 870 around somewhere.  Still need to figure out what I'm going to do for sights for it yet, but I have plenty of time as its -50 below & there are several 3-4' snow drifts out the back 40 between the bench & patterning board. ;)

NRA Life Member/Pistol Instructor, NWTF, SCI (former DU, VHA & HHI).  Non Gratum Anus Rodentum!

tracker#1

owlhoot

tree-rat sniper

Thanks guys, I just found a set of new old stock 5/16" rib Allen Turkey Taker sights in my parts stash that I didn't realize I had...Win! :D

NRA Life Member/Pistol Instructor, NWTF, SCI (former DU, VHA & HHI).  Non Gratum Anus Rodentum!

tree-rat sniper

Bringing this one back from the dead...A back injury prevented me from shooting this rig much the last month or so, got around to shooting it with #6 longbeards today.  With the current combo its a 30 yard rig, at 40 you could drive a bus through the pattern.  I may try the undertaker if I can find it, otherwise I have a 26" barrel for it.  May have to use the old reliable Affinity/Carlson's combination.