only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

trumpet calls

Started by ky turkey hunter, July 23, 2013, 09:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ky turkey hunter

Looking to get a trumpet call be need some suggestions on call maker's ,wood

callmakerman

Billy Buice, Frank Cox, Ralph Permar, Richard Hudson and Jessie Newsom.

ky turkey hunter

Do you have contact info for them

savduck

Quote from: callmakerman on July 23, 2013, 09:35:29 PM
Billy Buice, Frank Cox, Ralph Permar, Richard Hudson and Jessie Newsom.

This group is tough to beat, but lets add a few

John Dangerfield, Brian Mero, Pappy, Joe Slaton, Dave Smith, Robert Glover, Daryl Slaton, Austy, MKW ( Mike Williams), Kenny pedalahour( KP), Danny Wells, Matt McClain.
Georgia Boy

alloutdoors

I hate these threads, they just remind me how long my "to get" list is. Another that should be thrown in for consideration is Irving Whitt. I just picked up one of his trumpets recently and it's sweet, I've been carrying it around non-stop. Can't go wrong with any that have been listed though. I've got trumpets from a number of them and they are all great, and the others are on my list.

strutnrut

As you can see from the posted names. You have a lot of options. Look for the style you are looking for and what type of material you want then give the callmaker a call and talk with them. I would also add Steve Lumma to this list. Cost will become a factor and the turn around on how long it will take but good things are worth the wait. Good luck.
Richard

davisd9

Out of the people listed I have a Buice and a Motherlode.  The ones listed that is going to be around my neck is is MKW and Brian Mero.  Two not mentioned is Charles Hudson from SC and Mark Sharpe, M Sharpe, here on the forum.  Mr. Sharpe makes wingbones but also makes a cane style trumpet.  If you get the a Buice I highly recommend the #4 mouth piece.  Overall the #3 sounds better with hens sounds, but the #4 gives me a bit more versatility with making different pitches.  Good luck!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

ky turkey hunter

Could someone help me out with number for Billy buice and Frank cox

callmakerman

strutnrut

Mark Sharp does build a great Yelper and his Wingbones are top notch.

callmakerman

Quote from: strutnrut on July 24, 2013, 09:35:07 AM
Mark Sharp does build a great Yelper and his Wingbones are top notch.
And I have to toss in Fred Cox. Both Mark and Fred build some of the best wing bone calls as well as yelpers.

ky turkey hunter

If anyone has Mr Billy buice number can you send me a pm  :thanks: