OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Winchester 1300 NWTF

Started by chrmayo, January 07, 2012, 09:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrmayo

What is everyones opinion on the Winchester 1300 NWTF. I came across one for a good deal it has the 22" barrel
-MAYO-

vaturkey

They are real turkey killers !  I have 2 of them !  :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

chrmayo

What choke and load are you using?
-MAYO-

TnTurk

I've got the laminated model with the 22 inch barrell. It put 220 in 10 inch at 40 yards using HS 3-2-7 and a .670 PG choke.  It's putting 80% of the pattern in a 20 inch circle at 40 yards. However, they do seem to kick like a pissed off mule for a 3 inch gun.

redarrow

I would like one in 20 ga. Fine guns.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: chrmayo on January 07, 2012, 09:21:39 PM
What is everyones opinion on the Winchester 1300 NWTF. I came across one for a good deal it has the 22" barrel

They seem to be very popular guns. Most people who have them, like them. They have the standard Winchester i.d. barrel and accept Win-Chokes, so you have a pretty good choice. Most that I've seen have good bores.

That's a short barrel. I would not be too concerned about numbers of pellets in a given circle as much as a good even pattern. The Hevi-13 shells work very well in those guns and I'd look at the #6 or #7 shot, 3" "Bronze" shells with 2 oz. of shot.

Good luck with the gun if you decide to buy it.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Fox Fire

A guy owed me some money & instead of cash he brought me a Win 1300 NWTF & asked if it would do, I'm like "sure" :z-guntootsmiley:.

It shoots purty good but as stated it kicks like a horse but then again every Win I ever had did.

Flyrodder

I won one at a Turkey banquet a few years ago as a early bird prize. Camoflaged stock and fore arm, blued receiver and barrel. It has a 26" vent ribbed barrel. I do notice it when I pull the trigger!!!!!!!
Flyrodder

GOLD HUNTER

I have the NWTF 1300 Turkey Short camo and they came with a 18" nonvented ribbed barrel that i take to the mtn to hunt them birds. yep they do seem to kick like a pissed off mule so i had to put a limb saver on it. it shoots the nitros great or my TSS 8ball load. they are great guns and i love it.

brian  

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

C J Stahly

I ran across one about a year ago at a gun show in a near by town.  I almost bought one and from what I have heard, I should have.

Flyrodder

Quote from: GOLD HUNTER on January 08, 2012, 06:29:28 PM
I have the NWTF 1300 Turkey Short camo and they came with a 18" nonvented ribbed barrel that i take to the mtn to hunt them birds. yep they do seem to kick like a pissed off mule so i had to put a limb saver on it. it shoots the nitros great or my TSS 8ball load. they are great guns and i love it.

brian  

Gold Hunter, you really have that dialed in!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flyrodder

gaswamp

most folks that have them love them...awesome pattern gold hunter

DUCKDIGGLER

I have wanted one of the laminated stock versions since they came out....never treated myself to one....but if I gat a chance at one again that's clean....she is all mine!  :thanks:

Doubletap

I had one, sold it, wish I had it back :angry9: