turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Platz glass or slate which one???

Started by Happy hooker, July 13, 2017, 08:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy hooker

I was lucky enough to slip in just in time before he stopped taking orders I think I'm like third from the end. Still a long wait yet.
If you could pick just one knowing it might be "years" or ever till you get another chance would you go glass or slate,,walnut dbl glass or cherry slate,,what is the one YOU want.

Wvgobbler

Either one is a great call. That said I love his walnut glass/glass.

Browning87

I don't have a slate but I am on the list for a walnut slate. I do have a glass/glass and a glass/slate both in walnut and there is something about the glass/slate that makes me go to that pot everytime!

zsully

I love my cherry slate.  It's probably the only call in my small collection you couldn't get me to sell.  Having said that I have no experience with the walnut glass.  Had I seen the one in the classifieds before it sold tonight I would've been thinking long and hard about buying that one.

crenshawco

I've had a cherry slate and a maple slate. They're both great calls. My preference is the maple slate for the higher front end, but every body likes a different sound. Here's Paul's video on the two

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmJd9BgfxNU

Spitten and drummen

I would get his double glass in walnut. you could get any that you want because they all sound great. If you decide you dont like it , somebody will pay you big bucks for it.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

scoot12

I own 7 pots from Paul and I would go with either his maple slate or walnut glass over slate or walnut glass over glass.

West Augusta

I got his glass over slate.  It would be hard to beat that call.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.