turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Cody call striker question

Started by toypar, February 21, 2023, 09:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toypar

Bought this striker many moons ago. When I bought my first Cody call. Never saw one like it. I know they made a light and heavy hickory and the waterproof. Is this a light hickory?is it a true Cody? Thanks for any information.

toypar

Bowguy

I can't post pics either except through Tapatalk. Sign up for that than look for old gobbler forum

toypar

Got thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3bailey3

fishr64

From what I understand, the open ended barrel is a lighter version of the same striker dowel. I believe that is a Bocote striker. I have a couple that aren't open on the end like yours is. I'm guessing because I didn't buy the calls new, they were available possibly late 90's or early 2000's. One of the pots I received with one has the original soundboard risers and the other has the newer setup. Both are World Class calls. I have one that is like yours that I believe came with a Woodsman Drop Dead slate that was also used and I don't know what timeframe it's from. Hopefully someone with more specifics will chime in.

I hope you like it, as I like the ones that I have. Maybe not as much as the Black Night ones that I have, but they run good.

Hevishot 13

It's Bill's "lightweight Bocote". I have Bill's "lightweight Hickory" and his regular Bocote among about 25 others.

PALongspur

Cool! Never saw a light bocote. I have a light hickory that was always my favorite on my Cody II slate.

He matched bocote strikers with both my World Class and Spec 1.

toypar

I bought the striker by itself when I bought a Cody 2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk