turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Need one more pot call

Started by YukonC, January 17, 2022, 10:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YukonC

I have one empty slot I need to fill for a pot call. I have 2 calls one crystal mistress and the other is a Roger Parks I believe it's called the Gobbler call. I need one more. What should it be??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HookedonHooks

A good slate.

I'd probably go with a colored slate for versatility but a good grey slate that can do the soft stuff would fill the void necessarily.

YukonC

Quote from: HookedonHooks on January 17, 2022, 11:09:01 AM
A good slate.

I'd probably go with a colored slate for versatility but a good grey slate that can do the soft stuff would fill the void necessarily.
Agreed I need a good soft call slate. Any suggestions?

3bailey3

wchadw

Green slate from brad Roberts, Durham or Buster
Cody world class or spec1 grey (if you can find one)
Are all excellent choices
I'm sure hooked on hooks will have other good suggestions

ChesterCopperpot

Jack Mincey makes a hell of a slate. Spoke yesterday and he's about to turn a few.

Mathews.1

Quote from: YukonC on January 17, 2022, 10:48:53 AM
I have one empty slot I need to fill for a pot call. I have 2 calls one crystal mistress and the other is a Roger Parks I believe it's called the Gobbler call. I need one more. What should it be??

Roger makes an excellent tree call that will cluck and purr with the best call you ever heard. Excellent right off the roost.

YukonC

I totally forgot about the tree talker. Just called Roger and I am getting one!

Crghss

I'd do a Slate, Brad Roberts Green or Buster Red.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

Greg Massey

Ceramic less conditioning and it perform in most all conditions ...

Tom007

Real nice Paul Dunham Osage Red Slate in our classifieds right now. Real beauty.
"Solo hunter"

wchadw

another excellent option for "soft talker" is a Watkins coaxer call.  excellent little slate

Wigsplitter

Busters red slate in persimmon pot !! It's a killer!!

PALongspur

That Gobbler call has more turkeys in it than any other pot call I've ever picked up. Most days it's the only pot call that goes with me.

rakkin6

If you do go with slate I would go with a Buster Halford, bit honestly I would go with a ceramic or aluminum. While I do like slates and own several at least where I live the humidity is really bad and they can become temperamental. Don't have to worry has much with ceramic or aluminum. Ceramic I would go with a Sticker metal surface Mike Yingling.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER