OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Franchi sling options

Started by strum, March 29, 2022, 10:53:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strum

Somebody please tell me why Benelli and Franchi use that slot on the side of the stock for a sling instead of the ole tried and tru swivel.
  Finding a sling to install on these things are almost impossible. makes no sense.  Every good guns sling I find has a swivel on it . Are we missing something here?

Gmed

If you remove the recoil pad, you can see a thick place in the bottom of the stock where a regular sling swivel stud can be drilled and attached. Still gonna have the side holes in the stock tho. I refinished one once and removed the sling buckle in the stock, and drilled and a installed a regular stud. Filled the old sling mount with JB weld, sanded flush and had it dipped. Could not tell it had been done. My boy still uses it.

Tom007

Quote from: strum on March 29, 2022, 10:53:16 AM
  Somebody please tell me why Benelli and Franchi use that slot on the side of the stock for a sling instead of the ole tried and tru swivel.
  Finding a sling to install on these things are almost impossible. makes no sense.  Every good guns sling I find has a swivel on it . Are we missing something here?

I have the Steady Grip Benelli with the slot sling holder in the side of the rear stock. You can remove the stud from the lower sling, and loop it through the side slot using the sling cinch. Attach the top to the stud, your done. It works fine, in fact it lays better on your back for long hikes. Seems just as comfortable as the double studs to me. If you want the 2 stud option, then the you would have to add the lower stud and remove or just abandon the sling slot. Personal choice.
"Solo hunter"

Greg Massey

I can tell you how i fixed mine and it worked awesome... i took a piece of paracord slide it under and around that side stock metal sling part and warp the paracord around once and left enough of it to make a attachment loop and repeated it again after making the loop. Them i bought one of those Magpul Paraclip and replaced the regular sling Attachment with the paraclip and now i can unclip the sling from the loop and i have the regular sling swivel to attach to the cap on the magazine tube. If you need pictures you can pm message me your cell number and i can send you pictures.

Tom007

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 29, 2022, 06:37:55 PM
I can tell you how i fixed mine and it worked awesome... i took a piece of paracord slide it under and around that side stock metal sling part and warp the paracord around once and left enough of it to make a attachment loop and repeated it again after making the loop. Them i bought one of those Magpul Paraclip and replaced the regular sling Attachment with the paraclip and now i can unclip the sling from the loop and i have the regular sling swivel to attach to the cap on the magazine tube. If you need pictures you can pm message me your cell number and i can send you pictures.

Super idea....
"Solo hunter"

PEPPERHEAD

I drilled and put a regular stud in mine. Took 5 minutes and works great.