Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Scouting time approaches

Started by TURKEYWHACKER, February 10, 2015, 05:29:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TURKEYWHACKER

Well I know the NE may be snowed in, but us Florida boys are ready to start scouting for gobblers. Sunday mornings will be spent making the 1 1/2 hour drive, putting out my new turkey treker cams and listening in other areas. At mid day I'll pull the cameras and check cards then make the drive home. Can't wait to put my new Avian X hens to use too. When do you guys usually start your scouting forays?

RutnNStrutn

I'm with you Mike. Then again, I also live in central FLA like you. I have a couple of scouting trips planned for this month. Cannot wait to hit the woods for real though!! :turkey2:

ChiefBubba

I'm ahead of you boys. I took a nice long walk this past weekend. Didn't see anything but hikers and horseback riders. Chief

RutnNStrutn

Sounds like you were scouting in the wrong spot Bubba!! :lol:

blackmagic

Twowithone

Us Pa. boys have a while to go.  :OGturkeyhead:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

RutnNStrutn

Don't worry brother, long after we are done, y'all will just be getting started. :(

TURKEYWHACKER

Quote from: blackmagic on February 11, 2015, 02:01:06 PM
I've got the boat running....

Ahh yes, a little island hunting. Hopefully we won't need waders.

TURKEYWHACKER

Quote from: ChiefBubba on February 10, 2015, 08:28:41 PM
I'm ahead of you boys. I took a nice long walk this past weekend. Didn't see anything but hikers and horseback riders. Chief

Hope things pick up Chief. Gonna try for next Sunday myself.

ChiefBubba

Quote from: TURKEYWHACKER on February 14, 2015, 04:50:10 AM
Quote from: ChiefBubba on February 10, 2015, 08:28:41 PM

Hope things pick up Chief. Gonna try for next Sunday myself.

I'm not too worried the WMA I was on has plenty of turkey's. It's a favorite for the horse people to ride in but once season get here they aren't too bad. Chief

g8rvet

This thread feels like home! So I though I would say hey.

I have not started yet, but will in the next week or so.  Mostly getting guns ready so far.    Patterning guns is expensive.  But fun.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

ChiefBubba

Quote from: g8rvet on February 14, 2015, 12:07:47 PM
This thread feels like home! So I though I would say hey.

I have not started yet, but will in the next week or so.  Mostly getting guns ready so far.    Patterning guns is expensive.  But fun.

I know what you mean, I just spent 175 bucks on shells. I'm going to pattern every 12 gauge I own and carry the best one this year. Chief

RutnNStrutn

$175??? :o What are you shooting Bubba? Nitros?
Larry, you still hunting that ranch up there? Looked like a beautiful spot to hunt turks!

g8rvet

Yeah.  It really is.  My bro and nephew both have private leases to hunt too, so unless things change, not much public for me this year.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

ChiefBubba

I've got my 870 that's been my go to gun the past few years but next week I'm carrying every 12 ga I have to the the range and shoot different shells. If any particular gun stands out that's what I'm taking. But if none can beat the 870 then it's going out. Chief