North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Contest status as of today

Started by FullChoke, April 28, 2024, 05:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

Guys,

As we are coming up to the final month of the contest, our total team score presently puts us in 5th place out of 8 teams. The majority of our team members live in the northern states and have not even started hunting their home turf yet. There will be some very dramatic changes to the team scores in the following weeks and we are in position to blast past the others in this contest. A point that I am proud to let you know of is our average score so far is 69.475 for our 5 eligible birds. The next closest average score is 62.080 with most of the others in the 50's. Huge congratulations and thanks go out to 3seasons, Callaway71, BR12, Roost1, and Cannonball for putting us in this position. Well hunted gentlemen.

What I am trying to say is that this contest is not over yet and that our final month will be the deciding factor in the outcome. Stay safe, hunt ferociously, shoot accurately, score fairly, repeat. This is lining up to be the Roaring 20's year of Redemption, gentlemen!

Cheers  ;D

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

callaway71

Looking forward to reading some stories and seeing pics after this weekend. Taking my son to Ky in the morning. Hopefully one is willing to play. If two show, I'll be ready. Sunday he has a youth hunt so it'll be sometime next week when I'm actually back in the action.

Good luck, everyone!

TrackeySauresRex

The 20's are laying down some tanks!  :icon_thumright:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

zelmo1

We are up to 6 birds with 407.72 points, up to 4th. Pretty good average boys, except my anorexic one.  :OGturkeyhead: Z

afhunter1

I hope to chip in soon, I'm trying hard.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

callaway71

The benchmark is set, currently need 553 to take the lead. Good luck, guys. We definitely need three more birds.

FullChoke

My season starts Wednesday morning. I went out listening Sunday dawn and heard one gobbling good and one jake attempt at gobbling. I will look the adult over good to see if he is a 3 year old or better before committing.

Roosted ain't roasted.

Cheers  ;D

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

FullChoke

With the bird that I posted today, we are still in 4th place @ 467.72..This places us just 85 points from taking this thing home. 2 average sized birds (50-55) will put us firmly in the lead, albeit with a bullseye on our backs. Let that bullseye disappearing into the distance be the vision the other teams have for the rest of the year when we take this contest.

Cheers

FC

Roost 1

callaway71

Roost 1

FullChoke

With Paintbrush's 62.5 point bird, this will put our team score right at 540. Killer Bees presently have a score of 552, putting us in 2nd place and just 13 points away from taking the lead. We still have 3 weeks in the season and many of our team mates hunt in the northern states.

The contest is usually a very close race each year and we are presently in a great position for Redemption for our team.

For those still hunting, hunt hard and very smart and let's take this contest home.

Cheers my brothers. ;D

FullChoke

callaway71

Quote from: Roost 1 on May 08, 2024, 10:18:33 PM
Quote from: callaway71 on May 08, 2024, 09:19:01 PM
Quote from: Roost 1 on May 08, 2024, 09:01:17 PMShould be in 2nd place now.
Third place.

Counting Paintbrush we are still in 3rd place?
Yes. Guns n hoses are unofficially in first.

FullChoke

With Paintbrush's gobbler added to the team score, here are the updated team scores in the contest and number of entries.

Killer Bees        552.22  9
  Roaring 20's      530.24  8
  Guns 'n' Hoses  490.35  8
  Limbhangers    484.92  9
  Scattered Flock 453.21  8
  GOATS              419.94  7
  Strut Stoppers  378.66  6
  Longbeards      300.23  5

As you can see, this contest is squeekingly close, with The Roaring 20s just 22 points back of taking over first place. With one more good bird posted by one of our team mates who has not posted one yet we should pull ahead of Killer Bees by around 35 points. Any upgrades will add to our score that much more.

Boys, we stand an incredibly good chance of taking this contest this year, but believe me when I say that it is not over yet. Now is not the time to slack up at all. If you are still hunting, either in your home state or abroad, don't spare the horses. We have around 3 more weeks before they drop the checkered flag on this 2024 contest.

This is our year to win this!

Cheers  ;D

FullChoke

FullChoke

With Paintbrush's gobbler added to the team score, here are the updated team scores in the contest and number of entries.

Killer Bees    552.22  9
  Roaring 20's    530.24  8
  Guns 'n' Hoses  490.35  8
  Limbhangers    484.92  9
  Scattered Flock 453.21  8
  GOATS          419.94  7
  Strut Stoppers  378.66  6
  Longbeards      300.23  5

As you can see, this contest is squeekingly close, with The Roaring 20s just 22 points back of taking over first place. With one more good bird posted by one of our team mates who has not posted one yet we should pull ahead of Killer Bees by around 35 points. Any upgrades will add to our score that much more.

Boys, we stand an incredibly good chance of taking this contest this year, but believe me when I say that it is not over yet. Now is not the time to slack up at all. If you are still hunting, either in your home state or abroad, don't spare the horses. We have around 3 more weeks before they drop the checkered flag on this 2024 contest.

This is our year to win this!

Cheers  ;D

FullChoke