OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

H13's #7

Started by ghillie, March 23, 2011, 11:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghillie

After reading all of the issues about the #7's....I was really nervous about the order that I placed to Mack's Prairie Wings...

I got to looking at the boxes that I ordered THIS year of the #7's (actually last month) and low and behold...the lot # is, I guess....last years stock #....

Dodged a bullet there I guess...(pun intended), however, even if I did get some of the "new" shells...I'm sure I would have had a good enough pattern and pellet count to down an bird...

At least my mind wont be a messin with me...or my confidence in the load

VAHUNTER

Good things come to those who wait

archery1

Take a kid hunting

bird

That's great Steve.... And you are correct.  There is a ton of unnecessary worry running a muck with the concern over the Hevi-13 #7's.

SKFOOTER

Well, you are fortunate.  Because the ones I ordered from Mack's last month had this year's lot # on them.

SR1

Lets just remember that even though the numbers are lower then last years these patterns from the new lots will still kill a bird at 40yrds. Its not gona kill them any less dead then ones with a 300 pellet count would. Heck go back to killing birds with lead and there is alot less pellets in a 10 in then with htl shot and guys drop birds every year with lead loads with "low numbers".
Death Smiles At Everyone - Marines Smile Back
Artillery Brings Dignity to What Would Otherwise Be Just A Vulgar Brawl
Happiness Is A Belt-Fed Weapon
[/url]

bowhunter84

Gobble!

Quote from: bird on March 23, 2011, 12:11:19 PM
That's great Steve.... And you are correct.  There is a ton of unnecessary worry running a muck with the concern over the Hevi-13 #7's.

I wouldn't say it is all worry. My thought is if I use the #7s and only get 200 then I might as well use the #6s and get 190.
190 with the #6s is assuming they didn't change that wad as well.

This brings up a good point. Say people were getting 250 with the #7s then the wad chaged now they are getting 200. SO if they changed the wad in the #6s then that shell will be shooting around 150.

If thats the case then we might was well go to lead. 

cassga

I also ordered 2 box's of #7s from Macks PW in January, and they are last years lot number.  Had 3 shells of #7's left over from last year and I also have a box of #6's from two years ago.  So, hopefully my stock should last me a couple years...long enough for Hevishot to get things figured out or something newer and improved hits the retail market.   :z-guntootsmiley:

lking

How bout the 200806, in 3-2-7's.  This year or last year?  2 boxes that I ordered from Cabelas about 2 months ago.  With almost 2 feet of fresh snow today, it will be awhile before I can pattern.

hookedspur

I wonder on today's world how long will you be allowed to shoot lead anyway ?
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: Gobble! on March 23, 2011, 02:39:58 PM

I wouldn't say it is all worry. My thought is if I use the #7s and only get 200 then I might as well use the #6s and get 190.

This brings up a good point. Say people were getting 250 with the #7s then the wad chaged now they are getting 200. SO if they changed the wad in the #6s then that shell will be shooting around 150.

Exactly my point, They set the bar with the first lot #'s Thats what I expect when I buy that product. Im not foolish enough to keep paying the same price for a lesser product!!
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

bird

Quote from: gatrkyhntr70 on March 23, 2011, 06:32:52 PM

Exactly my point, They set the bar with the first lot #'s Thats what I expect when I buy that product. Im not foolish enough to keep paying the same price for a lesser product!!

Then Don't!  :deadhorse:

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: bird on March 23, 2011, 06:37:00 PM
Quote from: gatrkyhntr70 on March 23, 2011, 06:32:52 PM

Then Don't!  :deadhorse:

Im not;  you wont have any competetion from me buying any hevi 13 shells.
You can have them all  :icon_thumright:
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-