only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Firing pin mossberg 935

Started by Buckeye_Strutter_935, March 09, 2015, 09:32:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snoodsniper

Quote from: Skeeterbait on March 11, 2015, 01:58:38 PM
Quote from: Mike Honcho on March 11, 2015, 10:39:02 AM
I am pretty savvy working on guns and think I could remove mine if needed but it is so small in diameter I am afraid it would be difficult to re-install it without damaging it.   Definitely need the proper sized roll pin punch etc.

Probably takes what they call a cup point punch.  It is a gunsmith tool and comes in sets.  A set will cost you more than it will cost to take the bolt to a qualified gunsmith and have them replace it for you.
Like most tools the initial cost will set you back a little bit but if you like to do stuff yourself they'd be a good investment.

Mike Honcho

A roll pin punch has a dimple protruding from the tip that fits inside the hollow pin and keeps it centered.
That may also be called a cup pin punch I haven't heard that term before.

Skeeterbait

Ah it is a roll pin.  Didn't see that.  No you are correct, a pin punch is needed.  Cup point punches are designed to drift solid pins that have rounded ends.

Woodhaven

I think moSsberg has a 10 year warranty, it would be something to check into.

coyote1

If that retaining pin is anything like the moss 500 it is a pain to drift out. Be absolutely sure to use the proper size punch and a piece of wood to set the bolt assembly on. You will have to drive it fairly hard.

I had the light strike problem a couple years ago. The cleaning like Clark said worked for a while. I thought mine needed a new pin so I took it apart, all it needed was a good cleaning, light oil and reassemble. Been fine the last 2 years.

Woodhaven

I hope I didn't post this twice but I think mossberg has a 10 year warranty.

mr perfect

mossberg   does have a 10 year warranty i sent my one 835 back i broke the firing pin . now they wanted the whole gun because it is part of the firing mechanism . i sent it in it was about three weeks turn around  :