OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New turkey gun?

Started by Easton1986, December 07, 2014, 06:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Easton1986

I'm in the market for a new gun with a pistol grip. What yall recommend? Pump or semi? What's yalls input?

WildTigerTrout

Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Easton1986 on December 07, 2014, 06:04:47 PM
I'm in the market for a new gun with a pistol grip. What yall recommend? Pump or semi? What's yalls input?

First of all, welcome to OG. This is a great place and we hope you'll come here often.

There are so many choices in both semi-autos and pumps. There are also excellent after-market stocks, so you can customize very many guns just the way you like them.

A Benelli is always a good choice. The Vinci is one of my favorites but I like the SBEs as well. I actually prefer the SBE to the SBE II but both are excellent.

It's hard to go wrong with a Remington or a Mossberg and either come or can be equipped with a pistol grip stock.

I like to stay with those brands because there is so much that you can do with them, chokes are available and since lots of folks shoot them, you can benefit by their experiences.

I own self-loaders and pumps and enjoy shooting them all, so it's always hard for me to make a recommendation, except to recommend that you try as many as you can and see what feels best to you when you shoulder it.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

mgm1955

mikejd

:welcomeOG: :welcomeOG:

Well first thing you should do is establish a budget and then go handle as many as you can in that budget.
Firearms are a strange thing. what feels perfect to one hunter may feel lousy to another. If your gun does not fit you like an extension of yourself you will not be as efficient with it.

Good luck with your new quest. It is always a lot of fun.

WildSpur

870 supermag with shurshot.   Mine is a great shooter too.

Cluck more, yelp less

SumToy

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Walkerz07

I like my remington 870 turkey edition with 21 inch pipe

davisd9

Whatever one fits you best, Remingtons 870 or 11-87 and Mossbergs 500, 930, 835, 935 are all good starting points IMO.  Good luck!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Ruger M77

I eat therefore I hunt

drum817

Got this weatherby a few years back.   I love it and it shoots great!!!  I've never seen the need for an auto for turkey hunting..... But that's just my opinion.

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

turkey buster

I'm always for buying a new gun..do you have one in mind that just blows you away?  If you do STOP the impulse there and handle a few and see what fits you best. Sometimes the one you "want" isn't the one for you. Handle a few and see what you like

TurkeyThumper#5

reynolds243

Sbe2 and you will never regret it

Proverbs 3:5

Sent from my phone using Technology

rusty4269

I love my benelli super nova.
Jeremiah 29:11