turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

play with the 835 today

Started by SumToy, March 14, 2011, 08:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SumToy

This was some test we did today.  Just built a choke today on the spare of the moment to just play.  This was just the 3rd shot out of it at 40 yards.  It takes about 10 rounds out of the chokes for them to come in.  I saw a Browning go from 288 to 315 in that number of shots.    

This was a Moss 835 with 24 inch barrel.  Hv-13 31/2-21/4-7's .  I think it was chokes to small for the 31/2 but that was what we had.  

[attachment deleted by admin]
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

VAHUNTER

good pattern. thats close to what i get from my 835 and the same load with a .670 . what constriction was the choke??
Good things come to those who wait

SumToy

That was a 675.  It may work with the 100% take down but need to make a few changes in the in side of the choke or just go bigger with it.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

goblr77

.670-.676 seems to be the ideal exit diameter on 835 chokes. Star Dot, IC, PG, and the SSX are all in that range.

SumToy

Yup but I have always been able to go bigger with the chokes and put up good numbers.  We put a 675 in a maxus and put the 288 with it.  So that would say the 835 should be in 690 range.

ILIKEHEVI-13

I think .670 may work better than .675.  I'm gonna find out for sure soon.  Indian Creek is supposed to be making me a .670 so I can try it vs my .675.  That way at least we will know which exit diameter will shoot the best at least for the most part if everything else in the choke is made the same.  

fountain

cant wait to get over there and see what we can do with some nitros! 

SumToy

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on March 14, 2011, 09:23:26 PM
I think .670 may work better than .675.  I'm gonna find out for sure soon.  Indian Creek is supposed to be making me a .670 so I can try it vs my .675.  That way at least we will know which exit diameter will shoot the best at least for he most part if everthing else in the choke is made the same.   

I dont know with the tk loads.  I know that you will over choke a target gun fast.   Now this all in the lay out of the choke.  I just have gone from the even kill patterns now to I want to see how bad it can be.   So I got about 3 choke lay outs that need to be test from 675 up to 690.   :z-guntootsmiley:

ILIKEHEVI-13

Try a Tru-Glo SSX .670 and shoot some loads and you will see what I mean. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

The internal geometry on that chokes works as good as any choke I have seen.