turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Quake Claw Sling

Started by t_eagen13, February 04, 2012, 08:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t_eagen13

Looking at getting a Quake Claw sling in APG. I have an Outdoor Connection Super Sling that's nice, but I'm looking for a sling that grips my shoulder a little more. Who uses or has used the Quake claw and what do you like or dislike about it? Thanks for the help!

Shellwaster

I've got one on just about every rifle and shotgun I own. They are the best in my opinion. I prefer the ones with the silent, plastic swivels since they won't scratch wood or rust. I can't think of a con except maybe the ackwardness when trying to wrap the sling around your forearm and wrist for a steady shot with a rifle.
Midsouthshooterssupply.com typically has the lowest price too.

30_06

I use the rifle model as it seems to fit my shoulder better. I prefer the quick disconnect swivels, and put camo tape on them to make sure there is no noise....I wish they made the quick disconnect swivels silent.

Forgot to mention that I take the sling off when I sit down.

Tuttle

Lost my post somehow.  Anyway, I love them.  I like the contour best but both are great.

LeviSS

I like them quite a bit.  The last one I got had metal swivels...which I was very glad to see they had changed.

JohnnieB

They grip your shoulder like theres no tomorrow. I use them on every hunting gun I own.

Hognutz

They are the best. I use them on eveything I own..They stick to your shoulder like a booger on your fingertip..No guff!!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

njdevilsb

I have one on my ML shotgun and love it.  Why I don't put one on all of my guns is beyond me.

redarrow

Quote from: Shellwaster on February 04, 2012, 08:17:24 PM
I've got one on just about every rifle and shotgun I own. They are the best in my opinion. I prefer the ones with the silent, plastic swivels since they won't scratch wood or rust. I can't think of a con except maybe the ackwardness when trying to wrap the sling around your forearm and wrist for a steady shot with a rifle.
Midsouthshooterssupply.com typically has the lowest price too.

Or Midway. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Grobec1

Swampwise

Have the original on my Mossy 935, and the Contour on my rifle. Both have the non-metal swivels and I love both. I had the Super Sling before, and there is no comparison. Go ahead and grab you one...you won't be disappointed.
I have the BFOTP!

WildSpur

I think I am upgrading this year too.  I purchased their tree stand straps for last fall and was pretty impressed.  I imagine it will be a lot more comfortable than my padded super sling.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

mossy835

I have a claw sling that does not use swivels and it goes on the shotgun I am going to use for the day. Great product for my style and usage.

Mossberg835

Curtdawg88

I bought my first one of these during mid turkey season last year. I don't think I will ever spend money on another type of sling again. Best there is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid."